New Guy Big Tank

Hello All! My name is Hunter.

I am in Leesburg, VA 2 miles from Gilberts Corner. I have a 220 Gallon Reef tank that I set up about 3 months ago (bought complete set up) and now I am adding frags! I have 15 sps frags I just added, plus I have a HUGE brain Coral, plate coral, 2' toadstool leather, carpet anenome, queen angel (yes I know), p tang, y tang, cromis, 4 urchins, kenya tree, 2 xenia, etc.

I would like to get some COOL frags like the ones at BRK but I will hang myself before I pay $70.00 for a tiny frag.

I noticed many members in my area (Haymarket, Leesburg, Ashburn, Purcellville), and I have been over to Bemmer's house already. By the way, her tank is awesome...

SO.... I want to introduce myself and check out your tanks, and buy/trade/aquire some cool frags, as many as possible, I want them all (doesn't everyone). If you know how to frag a brain coral or leather, bring me some SPS frags and I have the hookup (you can frag for me the first time so I can learn). Also, I could use some knowledgable people to tell me what to do better for my tank.

I am also lookin for a hippo tang, naso tang, sailfin tang, and possibly another angel (yes I know). I can trade Marble/Granite Polishing for cool stuff for my tank. Thanks!!

YEAH!!! They're all coming WEST!!!!

Welcome to head out this way anytime. Just pm if youd like to come get some frags. And you are on my way to BRK too! Going to the meeting on the 23rd? Have you signed on to be a full paid member? Best $20 spent.

Doug

I paid my dues and am DYING to get into the for sale section! I will be visiting you guys asap!!!

Hunter

Doug, I am a HOKIE... Graduated Dec 2004...

If you were a 5-10 brunette tennis star you'd be perfect then...

I was one for most of the 90's. Too much :drink: for the early part of that decade. Took 2 years of Dean's list to just get me out (17-18 hours EE credits per semester).

WOW!!! I had NO idea there were other folks out here in my neck of the woods!!! I'm in Round Hill just past Hill High (great pies!)

I'm out in Lovettsville and I'm a Hokie as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

Will wonders never cease? I had no idea there were cities between Dulles and the mountains, figured it was too dangerous to venture out there without implanting a microchip and getting a satellite phone, both too rich for my blood! :biggrin:

WOW!!! I had NO idea there were other folks out here in my neck of the woods!!! I'm in Round Hill just past Hill High (great pies!)

you and dbartco need to offer hill high pie at your next tank tour - then maybe people would be willing to drive that far west. :lol2:

Doesn't the sun set around where you guys live??? Isn't it very hot? :biggrin:

Okay..okay..before I end up swimming with the :bluefish: I did make it to Doug and Copps for the last tour...it wasn't thaaat far awaaayyyy.

my tank is moving along.........

if anyone is in the area and wants to stop by and see the tank let me know!

I could use suggestions!

Hunter

Go Hokies - Graduated Dec 04

It is funny how people think Western Loudoun is SOOO far away. I can pretty much get to anywhere in NoVa in 45 minutes...not unless there is traffic and well all bets are off :) It reminds me of the time when I went to Dulles mall to get my haircut when I was living in Leesburg....a 10 minute drive...15 if you hit bad traffic and all of the lights. The lady was amazed that I went so far from Leesburg and was surprised that there wasn't a mall in Leesburg yet (besides the outlet mall).

Funny stuff

Hamilton here - 9 miles to Home Depot and two, count 'em two ABC stores. Also close enough to hit either Aquatic World or F&F if I need anything.

I used to live 40 miles outside of Manhattan and thought that was a quick trip into the City.

jp