flow amount for 1" megaflow

shawns

(edited)

just like the title says, what kind of flow can i expect to get from my megaflow? has any1 used both holes in there overflow to increase flow to their sump/fuge? or done this:

http://www.dursostandpipes.com/ click under popular mods, then meags-flow modification.

you guys are awesome!!

Edited by shawns

(edited)

I find the AGA megaflow can handle 1,000 GPH with no problems. I think it is rare to NEED to turn more through the sump than that, but if you WANT to....

How much are you planning to put through the overflow?

Edited by Grav

i wanted to have an idea of what it could handle. i didnt want to over shoot! :(

im also just brain storming ways to limit my powerhead # to as few as possible. by using a bigger return pump, i can use bigger return lines. maybe i can do something like a mag9.5 and put it on a sqwd. i can make some diy educators to increase the out going flow from the returns.

then again, i could slow down the return rate w/ a smaller pump--like a mag 2 or 3--and hook it up to a sea swirl. then i could just make a closed loop for the mag and the sqwd. :wig:

Mag 3???

I'd want more flow than that through the sump / skimmer.

how big is the tank?

I run 2 mag 12s on my 180 with a squid on each, and eductors on one. No powerheads. Lots of flow for SPSs.

Suggest you buy the eductors.