Aqua C EV 180 or Euro Reef CS8-2

ASaleem91

I have come down to these two skimmers in my decision for which skimmer is right for me. Which one would you guys recommend and why? How have they worked out for you? Did you do any mods to get it to work better? Do you have any pictures of the gunk it took out?

Thanks,

Ali

If you like the EuroReef, why not consider the ASM series. ASM is virtually identical to the EuroReef and is a lot less expensive.

Any negatives?

fab

If you like the EuroReef, why not consider the ASM series. ASM is virtually identical to the EuroReef and is a lot less expensive.

Any negatives?

fab

I have to completely disagree. Having owned both ASM and Euro-reef skimmers I would say that the ER wins hands down. I'm not saying that the ASM is a bad skimmer but it is no where near identical to the ER. The acrylic on the ASM is thin and flimsy and they are famous leakers whereas Euro-reef uses cast acrylic and can be used in or out of the sump. Well worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

I had an EV-180 it was a great skimmer, but you have to run a bigger (preferrably a pressure rated pump) pump than the reccomended MAG7 to get anything out of it.

I started with a mag 7 then ran a Mag 9.5 and it was better, but when I upgraded to a Pan world 150PS that I teed off for the skimmer and the return the performance increased greatly.

The thing I liked most was how quiet it was.

saleem?

if you're not in a pinch for a skimmer, why dont you wait until greyseas aquatics has something comprable?

:idea: i'd rather deal w/ some1 that is local and demands a high level of quality in their product, even if a wait is involved. just my 2 cents. good luck w/ your search.

I have sort of switch my choices. I have decided not to get the aqua C ev 180, so now my two choices are a USED euro reef cs8-2 or a BRAND NEW Octopus Recirculating 150....Which one?