fish for 90

gudgreef

Thought I'd also try to get some input on a tentative fish list for the 90. I was thinking a pair of percs, a heniochus, flame hawk, tang (hepatus?) maybe a couple neon gobies. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

all sound like good reef citizens...the flame hawk might eat shrimp though.  I also like the reef safe wrasses.  They stay pretty small and many adjust to frozen/flake food right away.

Flame Hawk will most likely kill shrimp is you have them. Or if you plan on getting them. They have awesome personality but not good with shrimp

There are a ton of really neat gobies you could put in there.

I would stay away for a blue tang.

Neon Gobies are really small. They might look like food to other inhabitants.

Tom,

Dittos on the Flame Hawk, I love them to death, but I also love my Shrimp: Fire, Cleaners, Peppermints, etc.

THESE DON'T PLAY WELL TOGETHER!

:(

The B/W Heniochus was my favorite until a power out killed him! GREAT FISH, GET ONE!

I'm looking to add a Blue Hippo Tang soon, Jacob has one & Flame Angel that I love and they seem to be doing ok!

I have a Yellow Canary Wrasse that is so cool, doesn't seem to bother anything, mine was about 1 1/2" when I got him and now he is about 6" long. Great fish as well and very colorful!

I have one Firefish that's been great, get 2 at the same time, again very colorful and alot of personality.

I had as many as 7 Green Chromis that would go around as a school until I moved this past Sept. For some reason, they mostly just hide now, I guess school is out of session!  :D

Howard

Howard,

I got a canary wrasse a month or 2 ago for my 55g to help with a planaria outbreak. At first, my skunk psuedochromis was harassing the s@#$ out of him but my yellow tang started defending the wrasse. My wife says it's some bright yellow homey thing.  :D Anyway, this tiny wrasse now rules the roost!

Tom

Tom,

Outside of my (former) B/W Heniochus, I think he he one of the coolest fish around. His color is phenomenal, especially around his tail, he is always active (except when he decides to DIVE under the sand to sleep-cool trait!) Great for keeping the "bug" populations down, always stalking those little critters! I got this one off of Billy when he was about 2" last Spring and now he is pushing about 6". Picked up a smaller one off of Petco for around $12-$15 range last summer but for some reason, didn't make it, but never saw the larger pick at him?

Interesting that the Yellow Tang was defending the Canary, usually it's the opposite. I've learned that you got to be careful when bringing two fish into a tank with the same colors!

Howard