Clown Fish

Connor

hey i just got 2 clown fish and i currentley have a anemone in my tank and they dont seem to be getting along that great. Their not fighting but the clowns arn't being hosted by the anemone and i was wondering if their were and tricks to get clown fish to get along with a anemone faster.

hey i just got 2 clown fish and i currentley have a anemone in my tank and they dont seem to be getting along that great. Their not fighting but the clowns arn't being hosted by the anemone and i was wondering if their were and tricks to get clown fish to get along with a anemone faster.

Let it take it course, sometimes they will host and sometimes they won't host at all. Also depends on the anemone and clowns. What kind of clowns are they and what kind of anemone is it? Maybe your anemone isn't compatible with the kind of clown you want to host.

Just my .02

i have 2 true percula clowns and a bubble tip anemone. Before i had these 2 clown i had 2 other clowns that mysteriously died. It was really weird because my water quality was fine and my salinity was perfect so i think the fish were diseased. Before i had the last 2 clowns i had a single clown that i traded in for those 2 clowns and that clown bonded with my bubble anemone great.

(edited)

Oh if only there was a way to make clowns host an anemone... I have heard of people with clowns that host anemones, corals and powerheads but none of my clowns show the slightest interest in any of the above.

You've got the right combination of clowns/anemone. All you can do is wait and see (well I guess you could get new clowns), but beware they might never host the anemone. The good news is that in captivity both anemones and clownfish can lead normal lives without each other, so from a health perspective they won't be affected. It might take a long time for them to host and you may have to enjoy your clowns and anemone separately.

Edited by dchild

"wondering if their were and tricks "

The trick is called patience.

fab

I got a fake anemone that I put in their favorite corner let them play around it in than got a gbta and right out the box they started hosting, which of course took time....

thanks for the advice i try to be patient but one of my clowns died yesterday. It was really weird because my salinity was fine and the chemicals in my water were fine like the ph and stuff. I just dont seem to be having much luck with clown fish.

thanks for the advice i try to be patient but one of my clowns died yesterday. It was really weird because my salinity was fine and the chemicals in my water were fine like the ph and stuff. I just dont seem to be having much luck with clown fish.

Bummer... I feel your pain.

bob