ADA (Aqua Design Amano) Tank for sump?

Guest Oldfrontier

Guest Oldfrontier

I have a ADA 20 gal. tall tank I am thinking of using as a fuge. does anyone know if I can drill this tank? It is a rimless tank and I can't see any silicone in the corners or edges. I tried to find info on these tanks on line but all I can find is reviews or it is in Jap. (I can't read it). I am upgradeing to a 120 and I want to have a main sump (30 gal.) with my overflows, baffles, media, and skimmer located in the first 2/3rds of it with a bulkhead exiting after the skimmer and going to the fuge. Than I want it to pass through the fuge. and exit into the closed off 1/3rd of the main sump for the return. Any help at all would be great, Thank you!!!!! :wig:

Take this in the best way possible, but are you *#@!ing insane? Those ADA tanks are extremely expensive. I'd just go buy a 20 gallon from Petco for $40 and be done with it.

P.S. What are the dimensions of it? :)

Guest Oldfrontier

No I won't take it in the wrong way, I figured it was a stupid idea to use that tank for it. I do have a 20 long as will I quess i'll use it.

The dims. are 24"x 11 3/4"x 14 1/4".

Thanks,

Kenny

P.S. Know anyone who may want to buy it? It's not being used and I have no room for it than.

No I won't take it in the wrong way, I figured it was a stupid idea to use that tank for it. I do have a 20 long as will I quess i'll use it.

The dims. are 24"x 11 3/4"x 14 1/4".

Thanks,

Kenny

P.S. Know anyone who may want to buy it? It's not being used and I have no room for it than.

Post it for sale in the foFor Sale forum http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showforum=5 :)

Guest Oldfrontier

I may post it but I was just trying to see what my options were before I do so since it is a good tank to keep and I alreay have a PC fixture for it. :idea:

Guest Oldfrontier

Those tanks are a work of art, I'd just hate to see one being used as a sump, lol.

Thanks for you advise you saved the total abuse of a " fine work of art".

:cheers:

• 1 year later...

I have two of them and drilled them both. They are really nice tanks and you could make a really cool fuge if you use it. :D I would think it should look pretty sharp if you made it viewable and kept it clean.