I need some diversity in my life.

VicSkimmr

My live rock is absolutely devoid of any life. I haven't even seen a copepod on it. So, I'd really like to seed it with some rubble that is teeming with critters. Are there any local stores that would have said rock, or would you have any recommendations for an online store? I had thought about TBS, but I really only want about 10 lbs of rubble here.

I'm mostly interested in finding:

Asterina starfish

bristleworms

pods of all shorts

Mini bristle stars

Maybe pistol shrimp

Things like that. Or, if anybody has any rock thats got lots of these guys running around, I'd be happy to buy a chunk of it!

My only other concern is die-off from the rock, but I figure with just a few lbs of it in a 75 with a cleanup crew thats begging for some snacks the ammonia spike should be minimal.

Guest Barry22

My live rock is absolutely devoid of any life. I haven't even seen a copepod on it. So, I'd really like to seed it with some rubble that is teeming with critters. Are there any local stores that would have said rock, or would you have any recommendations for an online store? I had thought about TBS, but I really only want about 10 lbs of rubble here.

I'm mostly interested in finding:

Asterina starfish

bristleworms

pods of all shorts

Mini bristle stars

Maybe pistol shrimp

Things like that. Or, if anybody has any rock thats got lots of these guys running around, I'd be happy to buy a chunk of it!

My only other concern is die-off from the rock, but I figure with just a few lbs of it in a 75 with a cleanup crew thats begging for some snacks the ammonia spike should be minimal.

VIC, Ive got 100lbs of lr that has been established for over 2years. ton of pods. I'm in Alexandria ,Virginia

Barry- If you are selling some, I am interested too. I am in Charlottesville. Let me know how/if you get any over to H'burg, as I am close. Similar needs and problems here, being really new at this!

Thanks!

Natasha

Vic- would you be interested in putting in a livestock order with me? LMK.

Nat :rollface:

Ever up in the area, I have pods and mini brittles in my cheato, you're welcome to have.

Could you make the BRK social. Good hual, but along 66 for you?

We cannot make it to the social, as 5 hour round trip for us, and we both work evenings. however, we'll certainly keep in touch, as I'd be itching to get my hands on some mini stars and more pods! Yes please! :)

Nat

i have about 10lbs of rock for sale. tons of tiger turbo snail inside will come out at night. i know i have lotsa those tiny starfish, copepods a bit also. Selling 2.5$/lbs. not much coraline on it though since it come from another memmber's sump on board i bought for 4$/lbs but too much extra on my tank. LMK

VIC, Ive got 100lbs of lr that has been established for over 2years. ton of pods. I'm in Alexandria ,Virginia

Barry's rock is great.... If anyone is in the market for more rock, jump on it.

wow, it sounds like barry is my dealer.....

I'll definitely be at the social, maybe we can plan it so I can pick some stuff up for Nat and myself there. Thanks for the offers guys, I'm definitely interested in everything listed so far, the more tanks I can get stuff from the better!

YES please let me know if you go, and maybe you would pick up something for me? Ill bake you some cookies! :) and drive over to pick them up the soonest I can after the social. Just let me know!

Cheers guys!

Natasha :lol2:

I'd be happy to. I'm about 1.5 hours away from Manassus and about 1.25 hours away from you.

There's plenty of room in my tank for holding corals, but I don't know if I could pick up a fish (no Q tank yet). I might have one set up by the time of the social though.

Nat and VicSkimmr,

For what is worth, almost every weekend I go from NoVA-DC to Louisa VA (off exit 143 on I-64) about 30 miles East of Charlottesville and about 65 miles on Rte 33 East from Harrisonburg. If you guys stricke a deal with someone in my area, I'll be more than happy to bring the items with me and you can come and pick them up in Louisa.

Happy reefing :cheers:

JM

Guest Barry22

Barry's rock is great.... If anyone is in the market for more rock, jump on it.

wow, it sounds like barry is my dealer.....

LOL .... I still have the 100lbs of rock. Anyone interested please PM again. Sorry Vic didnt mean to hijack you thread....:D

that's so nice of you! We'll definitely take you up on the offer, and I am sure Vic will. Will let you know, k? thanks ever so much! Nat

Nat and VicSkimmr,

For what is worth, almost every weekend I go from NoVA-DC to Louisa VA (off exit 143 on I-64) about 30 miles East of Charlottesville and about 65 miles on Rte 33 East from Harrisonburg. If you guys stricke a deal with someone in my area, I'll be more than happy to bring the items with me and you can come and pick them up in Louisa.

Happy reefing :cheers:

JM

Excellent! Let me know what you are able to score for us, and I will drive over asap after you get back, whenever you want, k? And I will certainly do like-wise for you if I get the opp. Cheers.

Nat

I'd be happy to. I'm about 1.5 hours away from Manassus and about 1.25 hours away from you.

There's plenty of room in my tank for holding corals, but I don't know if I could pick up a fish (no Q tank yet). I might have one set up by the time of the social though.

Barry-

do you have pics of your live rock? I will be in the Springfield area either Fri or Sat, not sure yet. Maybe we could stop by or meet you in that area? If not, if Vic gets some at the social, I could get some down this way then too. How much per lb? LMK,

Natasha

that's so nice of you! We'll definitely take you up on the offer, and I am sure Vic will. Will let you know, k? thanks ever so much! Nat

Sounds good :)

I'm definitely up for anything. It looks like you'll be coming closer to Natasha than myself so if we go that route I'll just work on picking it up from her whenever its convenient.

That works for me :) The only thing I will ask from both of you is to give me enough notice, so I can work out a pick up time with the person who sold the items to you. The reason is that when I go to Louisa, I usually leave home around 06:30 am :cry:

How close are you to Oakton? Iam getting some stuff from a guy in Oakton, and may or may not be able to get the stuff from him this Friday when I am up there. If not, though, I might contact you for help!:) I will bake something nice for you as thanks. :)

Nat

That works for me :) The only thing I will ask from both of you is to give me enough notice, so I can work out a pick up time with the person who sold the items to you. The reason is that when I go to Louisa, I usually leave home around 06:30 am :cry:

How close are you to Oakton? Iam getting some stuff from a guy in Oakton, and may or may not be able to get the stuff from him this Friday when I am up there. If not, though, I might contact you for help!:) I will bake something nice for you as thanks. :)

Nat

Hmmm..Oakton... About 15 minutes from home? :cheers: I'll be at Louisa this weekend (7-8 April), but not the following one (14-15 April)