where is my wrasse

jamal

i just got a wrasse about a week ago and it was comfortable after a few days and now i dont see it. is it normal for a wrasse to hide like that sometimes. it didnt jump as i checked around the tank and there are no predators large enough to kill and consume it without me knowing. all i have in their that could kill it is a 3 in reef lobster and it hides constantly and the wrasse doesnt sleep over there. no change in water chemistry to support murder. what can i do if anything

Hard to say... it's probably hidden in the rocks (if the lobster didn't get it).

Dave

My filament fairy hid behind overflow box and six-line hid in the rocks... Maybe you have an aggressor in your tank. I have a satanic bicolor pseudochromis that is constantly harassing them.

my trigger and my male anthias bothers him a little but this wrasse would more likely eat the lobster than the other way around. it is aggressive itself. not like a fairy wrasse

no body yet so its somewhere in the tank alive. no changes to water chemistry so its not decaying where it is.

most wrasses like to burry themselves under the sand bed. If you have sand bed in your display, he more like is there hiding until he feels comftable. The other option will be,, he is already an expensive treat for your inverts... (yea food).

My wife swore ours had died when I was away for a week, I came back, looked in the tank, and he was peeking his head out of a hole in some rock he had taken for a home and was just hanging out in there.

well i hope he is alive i liked him and it was cool because no one else i know has it and he was different from other wrasses. i hope i dont have to call brk for it again but if he is dead i will have to replace him. he was so cool

When I worked at NAIB, there was a fish in amazon display- a big dicho (pencil fish), around 8". They said never saw him for 2 years, I couldn't imagine how big of that fish went unseen for 2 years. Some fish would just hide forever...

good news everyone. i found my wrasse. he was hiding in my overflow. i found him by accident working on a pump. he is back in the tank after being flushed through the tubing. i was so worried but he recovered quickly. but the trigger doesnt like him much. but he stole food from the tang and i think the trigger and tang are very close and the trigger didnt like that. now if only i could get the female out of the pvc opening in my sump ill be happy