New additionals also

jwildman

Hi all,

Here are my two newest additions to my 180. Got them on Monday night. They are schooling eating and doing well. Still very skiddish, but that should pass soon.

Enjoy,

John

IMG_7196.jpg

They look great! It's amazing how black and white can really pop in a reef tank. Watching them school must be really interesting and relaxing - or maybe I'm just a dork.

Glad to hear they are eating... they look good...

Dave

Bannerfish. Heniochus diphreutes to be exact. They're the reef safe version. Heniochus acuminatus (or something similar) is a very close looking relative that is definitely NOT reef safe.

Yep they are Heniochus diphreutes also known as Poorman Idols. They have been very well behaved, no picking on anything and are really nice to watch.

John

Bannerfish. Heniochus diphreutes to be exact. They're the reef safe version. Heniochus acuminatus (or something similar) is a very close looking relative that is definitely NOT reef safe.

MY BOYS! :cheers:

Awesome sir, I've had 4 of them and ALWAYS on their best behavior!

Diphreutes (Die-fa-roo-tees) -According to Copp :)

For those not knowing the difference, check out how the white line come to the point of the caudal fin.

The Acumintas which will NIP EVERYTHING in your tank and is MOST available in stores and online, the white line comes up the back of the caudal fin oh so little, but ALOT different in attitude! :eek:

They were part of my group order... :)

Dave

Guest Bemmer

I'm glad to see that they were kept together. They are beautiful.