250W MH + Eggcrate?

Alok

How much separation is needed between Eggcrate and 250 MH lamps to avoid any problems in the long term? I'm going to use the eggcrate to cover my tank, and I've heard 8" is a safe height for the lamps.

Alok

[Don't know about the long term, but I've used eggcrate + gutterguard screens for acclimation purposes under my 250s, with the eggcrate maybe 4 inches from the bulbs. No worries. At 8 iches you should be fine.

Realizing ofcourse that the eggcrate will block and refract a bunch of the light given that halides are point source lighting.

The eggcrate will get brittle and may sag a little depending upon the span.

If you come home and smell plastic, it might not be working as well as you had hoped.

Is there a better way of preventing fish from jumping out of the tank?

Alok

Realizing ofcourse that the eggcrate will block and refract a bunch of the light given that halides are point source lighting.

The eggcrate will get brittle and may sag a little depending upon the span.

If you come home and smell plastic, it might not be working as well as you had hoped.

What is "pond cover material" :)

Where does one find it around here?

THanks

Alok

Make a few removable frames out of pvc and pond cover material.

pondcover.jpg

BRK installs, stocks and maintains koi ponds so I'd bet that Johnny either carries it in stock or can get it for you.

Thanks. I almost made it there yesterday, but things got too hectic. Perhaps I'll have a chance to do so this week! Now I have another reason to do so!

Alok

BRK installs, stocks and maintains koi ponds so I'd bet that Johnny either carries it in stock or can get it for you.