New 125g Tank

TROLL

As everyone know about me setting up new 125g tank and many have asked to see a few photo since I bought frags, equipments, etc from them.

All frags were old ones transferred from 50g frag tank, 33g breeder, and 30g cube- I consolidated them all together into new tank.

Let me know how my tank looks, I'll like some feedbacks :)

Quick spec:

Reefkeeper II controller system

5 x 80w T-5 on 2 icecap 660

2 x 110w VHO actinic on icecap 430

turbofloto 1000 with needlewheel sedra

Mag 9.5 for return with scwd on pvc spray bars

2 x 620 seio

2 x 1200 maxijet

10g refugium with chaeta, tang heaven, and red seaweed

2 x 27g heavy duty rubbermaid containers(1 x pre-sump and 1 x refugium/sump)

Aquamedic controller with won 500w heater element (aquamedic's heater element broke...)

gallery_1460_154_72892.jpg

Right side

gallery_1460_154_43593.jpg

Center:

gallery_1460_154_113590.jpg

Left side:

gallery_1460_154_54785.jpg

A bunch of frags awaiting to be placed:

gallery_1460_154_70016.jpg

gallery_1460_154_42317.jpg

You've got some good looking corals they... mostly I think you just need to maintain levels and be patient and let stuff grow :)

Dave

Very nice. Like Dave said, just sit back and watch the the growth. You should definitly see good growth with the light setup you have.

If those are green star polyps at the top of the tank, I would move them and make them their separate island on the bottom. Once they establish themselves, they grow like crazy and will take over. Definitly don't want it near those sps.

Hehehe, I hope they'll progress better than they did in old tanks under different specs- 125g has most of up to date tech (most was inspired by hardcore reefers like Dhoch, Raf, and few others)

That GSP on top of old live rock is some kind of awesome color GSP I ever seen, not sure what it's called but it has frilly polyps and doesn't have white buttons at center of polyps. I'll have it isolated soon, only placed it up there to keep area clear for short time so I'll have all frags placed in their position. I have regular GSP on bottom on sand tho.

As everyone know about me setting up new 125g tank and many have asked to see a few photo since I bought frags, equipments, etc from them.

All frags were old ones transferred from 50g frag tank, 33g breeder, and 30g cube- I consolidated them all together into new tank.

Looks nice! Much better than my 'pile of rocks' aquasculpting technique. :)

bob

Hehehe, I hope they'll progress better than they did in old tanks under different specs- 125g has most of up to date tech (most was inspired by hardcore reefers like Dhoch, Raf, and few others)

That GSP on top of old live rock is some kind of awesome color GSP I ever seen, not sure what it's called but it has frilly polyps and doesn't have white buttons at center of polyps. I'll have it isolated soon, only placed it up there to keep area clear for short time so I'll have all frags placed in their position. I have regular GSP on bottom on sand tho.

They definitly look neon green. Once it grows out I might have to nag you for a small frag. :biggrin:

Looks great! Now the hardest part; MY waiting for your corals to grow, so that you can frag me some. So few of us in the Fredneck area.

(edited)

I have one small frag (1 1/2-2") of that neon green GSP in nano- if you want it, I'll let you have it for $5. It grew pretty fast! I got it as 1" frag in late october and now, it's 6" x 6".

I'll frag some of corals as they grow to reasonable size to be fragged. I'm going to prune some of montiporas this week, they grow very quickly.

I think by next week, I might have 2-3 of 1 1/2" frags of purple monti with blue tips, 5-7 of 1 1/2" of tan/brown monti, and maybe 1-2 of 1 1/2" of olive green monti. You can see photo of them 3 in center picture.

I'll post them in sell/trade board- If you're interested in some of them, let me know.

Edited by TROLL

No worries man. Let your stuff grow out then frag it. No need to bother it while its trying to establish itself and grow. Definitly keep us posted with pics.