Submersible heaters

Sugar Magnolia

I'm looking for recommendations for a completely submersible heater. I've been using a Jager 100W on my 30 cube for the past three years, and it's a great heater, but I would like to get one that I can stuff down inside my Remora skimmer. (The Jager isn't submersible) This tank is sumpless BTW, so sticking in the Remora is how I'd like to hide the heater.

Found this a MD - http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_heater...cel.asp?CartId=

RENA

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

Guest Larry-T

I know they no longer label them as totally submersible, but I have over 20 ebo jager heaters fully submerged and they've been lasting over 10 years on average.

I know they no longer label them as totally submersible, but I have over 20 ebo jager heaters fully submerged and they've been lasting over 10 years on average.

I'm currently using a 10+ year old ebo jager (green) heater. It's always been totally

submersed, and I've never had a problem with it. It's the oldest peice of

equipment I have, and the most reliable.

tim

I'd chime in here to say i have a jager heater fully submersed even though there is a line that says max water level, i noticed it after the fact and it's been fully submerged in my tank(s) for years. If worse comes to worse hydor heaters are notoriously small...

I second Dave. get a fully submersible titanium heater. Watch out though, they can get hot, so place it wisely inside the protein skimmer.

Also, with titanium heaters, you need to make sure they are always submersed. If they are exposed to air while on, they could easily start to leak out the ends...

Hmmm, now I'm concerned about sticking a titanium heater in there. Since several of you have submersed your jagers, maybe I'll just use that. I think I recall when I bought it that it said it could be submersed, but that water level line on it threw me.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I have the Finnex 300W Deluxe Titanium, like dhoch recommended or at least provided the link. Granted I have not had it as long; three months. It has end caps that allow it to be placed horizontal without the metal touching anything. I have it sitting in my sump and it is has kept my 120 G between 78-80 degrees for the last three months. I really like it. Johnny (BRK) recommended it for my system when I was initialing setting the 120g up.