TDS Meter

Caribbean Jake

Your welcome to borrow mine. Mine has the JG fittings on it to connect to the standard 1/4 tubing. I live in Centerville, VA

PM me for my address if you want it

John

:cheers:

John

You got PM. All I need is to test current levels and decide is it is time to change filters. I should bring it back the same day.

Jacob

I do, but I might be a little farther than you want to drive.

Scott

Thanks Scott. :lol2: yeap.. that's far, although I been working out of Elkridge lately and driving to Rockville almost every day. is still far :lol2:

I have one also .. if you want. (not borrow) :) not extra

John

John

You got PM. All I need is to test current levels and decide is it is time to change filters. I should bring it back the same day.

Jacob

Thanks Scott. :lol2: yeap.. that's far, although I been working out of Elkridge lately and driving to Rockville almost every day. is still far :lol2:

Edited by jwildman

Jacob, I have an extra TDS that I do not need anymore. Willing to trade for SPS frags.

Thanks Rudy

I don't have much to trade lately since I sold all the frags I posted except for the three color valida, and the nice looking colonies I used to have went "hay-wire" while I was traveling... lost the blue acro, the christmas pocillopora, the birdnest, and pink/yello milli, and most of the bubble gum milli too. So I am making room for new colonies. but thaks for the offer., will keep it in mind

Jacob,

You are welcome to use it until you recover. You have always taken good care of me when fragging. It is just sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

Rudy

Jacob,

You are welcome to use it until you recover. You have always taken good care of me when fragging. It is just sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

Rudy

Thanks Rudy for your kind words.

Speaking of fragging.. what SPS other than the green montipora capricornis you got from me?

man I would be lying through my teeth if I told you I had any idea what the scientific name of the birdsnest is. I will look around the web and see if I can find a close approximation of what i have. There is a picture of it in my gallery somewhere. It's really starting to pink up very nicely under the new 250W 10K's I installed last month. One thing about this particular birdsnest, is that it loves a ton of light. I had ot for 5 months in the old tank with 175W 20K's and it did not grow at all. I raised it up close to the surface in the new tank, and with the new lights, it has just exploded.

Jake,

I'm sorry, but I'm happy to give you a frag, but I won't sell you one, as I am too new at this hobby to have the confidence to sell anything. For all I know, It could be on the edge of death, and I'm just to new to realize it. Maybe someday in the future, when your tank has recovered, you can frag a piece of something from your tank for me. But selling frags is too scary for me at this point. God forbid if it should die, and then I would feel awkward.

John

:)

I read 0 on the output side almost all the time, and as soon as it climbs past 1 or 2 for more than a week, I replace the DI resin, and the Chlorine filter, and the .5 micron filter. The RO filter gets replaced once per year.

John

:cheers:

Jake,

when you do test .......at what number do you consider time to replace....5.....10....15....etc?????

Bryan

I read 0ppm at output, but when mixed in the tank with Baking Soda it reads 18ppm still a good number for top off water in my opinion. Anyone has any suggestions?

I read 0ppm at output, but when mixed in the tank with Baking Soda it reads 18ppm still a good number for top off water in my opinion. Anyone has any suggestions?

Ok.......i am reading 7 so its time to replace......

Bryan