Super Petz

Guest Tranman

I've never been the type of person who could keep his mouth shut, much less less cruelty to animals go unchallenged. I plan on taking excerpts from this thread and others I've seen on other forums (with all names and other identifiable elements removed of course) and kindly sharing them with the owner. I don't expect this to have any real impact but it's worth a try.

Don't forget to mention the gum ball machine. :biggrin:

If you do that you should take from the old thread on the same subject.

I was in there the other day. The dude at the register was studying the television screen that shows all of the cameras that are in the store when I was checking out. I thought that that was really rude.

The stocky Asian guy is nice. The cowfish is nice too, except that they are charging $47 for it.

As far as Roozens, I don't know why everyone knocks it. Best fish prices anywhere. Yes the two Dutch guys are odd, to say the least, and the dude with the grey shirt is somewhat eccentric (to say the least again) but the selection/price are great. If you ever actually talk to the gray shirt dude he's full of knowledge. He has 16 tanks at his house.

(we as reefers, are not cheap).

I am cheap.

:cheers:

But seriously, that place sucks. I went inside for the first time in 6 months and saw not only the cowfish mentioned above in a tiny cube, but dead fish in the back, while the employees were busy doing nothing.

But darn, their tanks are cheap.

Guest Tranman

Did you guys see the 12" jumbo size lionfish in the 30 gallon corner tank?

He looked pretty miserable. poor fish.

:(

OK, so i don't want to %$#* off anyone here with WAMAS BUT...

it is easy to complain here in this forum. Has anyone ever talked to the owner/manager to tell them what is going on? If you stop shopping there, then go somewhere else and they upset you, you stop shopping there and so on and so forth and pretty soon you will have to go to Hawaii to get your fish because you have run out of stores to go to.

Or even worse if we all stop shopping and they go out of business then we move to the next store to not buy there then they go out of business. Pretty soon we'll have to fly to Hawaii to buy fish due to no more stores around here.

So, are you upset with me now?

All I am saying is let them know.

I have been a store manager in retail for 26 years and got out of retail last year. 12 of those years I have worked as store manager for Petco and Petsmart. In one store i had an excellent fish guy work the same shift with me. Polite and knew his stuff. yet the sales in the fishy department sucked really bad. I sent my wife in a couple of times when i was not working as a secret shopper and got the surprise of my life. Two other fish employees turned out to be total losers. After talking to them and their performance did not improve i terminated them. I had about 8 weeks of lack of staff in the fishy section until I had trained a couple of good and knowledgable guys then things got a lot better.

Needlass to say my wife became my secret shopper in other stores after that.

I have to problems telling the store owner or manager what i think of their establishment. Some listen, some even do something about it.

Wallys has its good years and its bad years, you know that by the comments you have made here.

We might be able to turn Superpets around if we ALL just talked to them.

Thanks for your time,

Ingo

it is easy to complain here in this forum. Has anyone ever talked to the owner/manager to tell them what is going on?

As I said a few posts earlier...

I've never been the type of person who could keep his mouth shut, much less less cruelty to animals go unchallenged. I plan on taking excerpts from this thread and others I've seen on other forums (with all names and other identifiable elements removed of course) and kindly sharing them with the owner. I don't expect this to have any real impact but it's worth a try.

it is easy to complain here in this forum. Has anyone ever talked to the owner/manager to tell them what is going on?

I believe I've also mentioned that I've taken the subject up with the

woman I suspect is the owner.

(She didn't want to listen to me, but I've tried more than once)

tim

Guest beatle

I bought some cichlids from the tall grumpy guy last year. The words out of his mouth were: "How many" and "There you go." I called the store when I got home letting my disgust ferment on the drive. I nicely asked to speak with the store manager. The lady on the other end said "this is a manager." I explained the disappointing service to her and her response was "oh, he's sick."

I bought some cichlids from the tall grumpy guy last year. The words out of his mouth were: "How many" and "There you go." I called the store when I got home letting my disgust ferment on the drive. I nicely asked to speak with the store manager. The lady on the other end said "this is a manager." I explained the disappointing service to her and her response was "oh, he's sick."

The lady is actually store owner and that *$$h**e guy is her husband - Eugene.

"oh, he's sick."

He is sick all the time :)

Edited by vrroom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arlo

Did you guys see the 12" jumbo size lionfish in the 30 gallon corner tank?

He looked pretty miserable. poor fish.

:(

46 bow front...