anywhere to get weldon locally?

scarletknight06

If you can't find #4, get weldon#3, you'll be just as happy if not happier.

A common myth is #3 is not as strong as #4, but in reality, it's as strong, it just bonds faster.

I have many projects bonded with #3 that are as old as 15years and have been in use via direct contact with water since then.

As a side note, #4 can be made as a "coctail" which gives it different values to the user.

You can't buy it off the shelf like that and , if not mixed properly, will not set or dry too fast, often causing cracking or crazing of the material.

First time users, IMO, should use #3 and will have wonderful results with simple use techniques.

Chip,

I would politely say that #3 is not as strong as #4 and specifically referencing with cast material. There is a myriad of literature out there but, I can tell you with certainty in real world experience #4 is stronger and is so because of the fact it cures slower. #5 I believe sets up even slower but, from my recollection is geared towards extruded materials.

Having said that #3 can be used with great success on smaller projects and have them hold together a long time but, it's not as strong as other Weldon's.

Chip,

I would politely say that #3 is not as strong as #4 and specifically referencing with cast material. There is a myriad of literature out there but, I can tell you with certainty in real world experience #4 is stronger and is so because of the fact it cures slower. #5 I believe sets up even slower but, from my recollection is geared towards extruded materials.

Having said that #3 can be used with great success on smaller projects and have them hold together a long time but, it's not as strong as other Weldon's.

Well at least you're polite about it so I'll bow to your experience. You remember we had more trouble during the second Kalk reactor group build when we used it instead of #3. Maybe because it was extruded tube or the individual operators bonding, don't know.

So it's stronger because it melts together longer or because you use the "coctail" mixture?

Maybe that's why I'm having you build my big sump. :biggrin:

If you are on Capital Hill, your only 10 miles from Edsal Rd to Acme plastics on General Washington Dr, behind Marlos furniture. They sell weld-on.

Eric