Is it possible at all?

dzekunoi

I thought this sentence from Eric Borneman was interesting

But I'll be dipped if that doesn't look like an octocoral polyp and I think it equally as unlikely that any octocoral would have settled on that branch since it went in the tank.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to say something about killing something that you may have just brought back to life, but is there any way to remove a polyp and compare it to cellular structures of other polyps in the tank that could have populated that piece of branch?

I'd hate to say something about killing something that you may have just brought back to life, but is there any way to remove a polyp and compare it to cellular structures of other polyps in the tank that could have populated that piece of branch?

I'm thinking about it.

I have really nice scopes at work.

so far it's just the 2 polyps? If it was me, I would wait a few more days to see if any more pop out. Any more signs on stock?

Has anyone suggested feeding it - maybe cyclop or photoplankton.

so far it's just the 2 polyps? If it was me, I would wait a few more days to see if any more pop out. Any more signs on stock?

Has anyone suggested feeding it - maybe cyclop or photoplankton.

Craig sounds like there will be more polyps as somewhere earlier on the thread she mentions polys as well as buds.

It's 7 polyps on the entire colony. It seems like it will be more too.

Wow, check all that hallabaloo on MD - link in prev. posts !!!

I've been technically called a liar 10000 times already :lol:

:why: Just report a wierd observation! :smokin:

Wow, this is absolutely amazing (if it really did come back)!!!!!

Note: If Eric B. does actually end up coming to Inna'a to write this up, we must schedule a WAMAS meeting and get him to speak!

I hope it does get written up, you could be famous Inna!

Zac

Stand strong - we got your back! Your out January TOTM too! :cheers:

or we can send in the Raf on the forums :biggrin: he is the right man for the job. ;)

:cheers:

Thanks! Together we stand!

I like idea about Raf too. He knows how to present arguments! :cheers:

Wow, this is absolutely amazing (if it really did come back)!!!!!

Note: If Eric B. does actually end up coming to Inna'a to write this up, we must schedule a WAMAS meeting and get him to speak!

I hope it does get written up, you could be famous Inna!

Zac

I'll be famous and start charging $$$ for the looks ( of a wonder gorgonian, maybe prehistoric) and donate to charity :gho: WAMAS will be famous too!

Seriously, it will be very interesting to investigate.

(edited)

Um, Inna, I have a dead seahorse in my fridge....

Zombi seahorses might be very dangerouse, let's not do it.

Zombi corals are not that dangerouse, let's stick with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wha-ha-ha-ha ( mad scientist's laughter)

IMHO, protect at least a portion of it from algae over growth and keep it intact until it really gets established.

Very cool regardless of the outcome.

Scott, how to protect it from algea overgrowth? I would hate to scrape it ( as I usually do with other Gorgonians of mine) :eek:

Edited by dzekunoi

Scott, how to protect it from algea overgrowth? I would hate to scrape it ( as I usually do with other Gorgonians of mine) :eek:

In my experience place a portion of the "colony" under an overhang which allows flow, but blocks light. May be best to leave it as is until you see an issue, but I suspect a portion of branches will be prime substrate for slime algae. Edited by traveller7

In my experience place a portion of the "colony" under an overhang which allows flow, but blocks light. May be best to leave it as is until you see an issue, but I suspect a portion of branches will be prime substrate for slime algae.

I do not have any problems with any algea so far but with a new tank you never know for sure. I think I will not move/ handle it for now as I'm afraid to do something wrong to it.

Horses keep hanging on it though... Could it be a potential problem?