my birdsnest is getting pimples?

madmax7774

Both those pics are identical... am I missing something?

Just looks like polyps to me...

Dave

Tell you what, If someone from WAMAS who knows all about fragging corals wants to come here and teach me how to frag corals, I will let them take a frag of the birdsnest, and any others they wish to show me how to frag.

John

:cheers:

as far as 2 pictures, I don't know why it did that, I was only meaning to show it once.

Edited by madmax7774

That's a generous offer but you are going to be surprised at just how easy it is to do. Most SPS (including the one in your pics) can be fragged by cutting off pieces using snips or a Dremmel. Many of the LPS and SPS corals are simple slice and dice.

When am I coming by to deliver your auction frag? (I'd be happy to show you)... and I don't need a frag as I allready have that coral...

Dave

YES, you have a SERIOUS case of "Awesomecoralitis" which means you need to bring this coral and any RARE SPS, Rics or Zoo's to MY tank to quarantine for the next year!

... Or that is what I've heard??

:wink:

My Birdsnests do that sometimes too.. I also assumed it was normal.

Your birds nests tips look a lot more rounded than mine do... I just snapped a pic of my frags for comparison:

Birds_nest_frag_2.jpg

Birds_nest_frag_1.jpg

Here's a shot of its growth over the past few months:

birds_nest_180_may10_june7_august7.jpg

AH! here we go... this is the same frag as that first pic when I first got the frag (from dhoch)

birds_nest_frag_2_whenIgotIt.jpg

Heh... have been regularly as well as most of my SPS (it's been a while since you've been by)...

Dave