NOOB saying hello with some pics

SteveM

Just wanted to say hello and post some pic of my new 110. This is my first saltwater tank and so far the experience has been great. The tank is about 2 months old and I am learning more every day. Im in the Gainesville Va area so if you happen to be out this way let me know.

Im still working on the tank potography thing........ :wink:

Fish%20Tank%20002.jpg

Fish%20Tank%20020.jpg

Fish%20Tank%20032.jpg

Welcome Steve I am also in your area (gainesville) as well as some others. Nice start!

Welcome Steve. I am relatively new also. I set up my AquaPod in April, but I've got my eye on a 120. Nice start.

Hey Steve!

Welcome to Wamas!

Sweet looking rock work so far.

Tell us more about the tank. Lights? skimmer? sump? fuge?

I am in bristow as well. More than welcome to come over and see my system.

Hey Steve!

Welcome to Wamas!

Sweet looking rock work so far.

Tell us more about the tank. Lights? skimmer? sump? fuge?

I am in bristow as well. More than welcome to come over and see my system.

Thank you very much. I have a Coralife 48" Dual Aqualite right now but I am looking to add to it. I have a 29 gal sump with a CPR aquatic refugium I just added the other day. I don't remember the name of the skimmer I have on but its supposed to be a good one... :lol2:

Would love to check out you tank one day rocko. I sent you a PM.

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

We are having a meeting next month. You should come! Its fun!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I just sent my memebership payment in via Paypal so hopefully I will be able to make the meetings.

Is there somewhere to check to see the meeting times and places?

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I just sent my memebership payment in via Paypal so hopefully I will be able to make the meetings.

Is there somewhere to check to see the meeting times and places?

Absolutely, click click Wamas winter meeting

Welcome to the club :)

welcome to the club I notice yellow blotches on your live rock to the right, have you figured out what that is. I have the same in my nano I guess some sort of sponge????

I'm not sure what the yellow things are but I don't think they are a sponge. They actually have an intake tube and and output tube and the LFS had mentioned the name of them when I picked it up but now I can't remeber what they said it was.

I also added 20 lbs of live rock last night and a few more additions to the tank. I added a Flame Angel, a Snowflake eel, another Skunk cleaner shrimp and more snails. I'm not sure who was more stressed out last night, the fish or me. The eel was quite an ordeal. Once I got him in the tank he was stressed big time but seemed to be doing okay. Then I added the Flame and the eel threw up! It was quite a show but I just checked on the tank and everything seems okay right now. I'm hoping that when it gets light out and everyone starts to come out that they will all get along.

I'll post some more pics a bit later on.

I'm not sure what the yellow things are but I don't think they are a sponge. They actually have an intake tube and and output tube and the LFS had mentioned the name of them when I picked it up but now I can't remeber what they said it was.

I also added 20 lbs of live rock last night and a few more additions to the tank. I added a Flame Angel, a Snowflake eel, another Skunk cleaner shrimp and more snails. I'm not sure who was more stressed out last night, the fish or me. The eel was quite an ordeal. Once I got him in the tank he was stressed big time but seemed to be doing okay. Then I added the Flame and the eel threw up! It was quite a show but I just checked on the tank and everything seems okay right now. I'm hoping that when it gets light out and everyone starts to come out that they will all get along.

I'll post some more pics a bit later on.

That's a little risky, 1 half black angel and 1 flame angel they might fight. I think the cleaner might become food to the eel and well another question is your reall secured or just carfully stacked? If carefully stacked be really careful eels like to dig under the rocks to create tunnels and passages and it will so create loose spots and your rock could fall and crack the glass and for last adding 20lbs of rock if it is uncured will create a mini cycle and might create havoc on your tank, also adding all of that on one day might stress your tank big time.

Never the less I hope for success and that everything works out on your tank, feel free to ask questions that's why we all are here.

Just my .02

That's a little risky, 1 half black angel and 1 flame angel they might fight. I think the cleaner might become food to the eel and well another question is your reall secured or just carfully stacked? If carefully stacked be really careful eels like to dig under the rocks to create tunnels and passages and it will so create loose spots and your rock could fall and crack the glass and for last adding 20lbs of rock if it is uncured will create a mini cycle and might create havoc on your tank, also adding all of that on one day might stress your tank big time.

Never the less I hope for success and that everything works out on your tank, feel free to ask questions that's why we all are here.

Just my .02

Let me know if that cleaner lasts.... :biggrin: Welcome to the club

So far so good. I have 2 skunk cleaners and 2 pepermints. I feed the Snowflake silverbacks and after he eats the skunks come and and clean off his mouth. Its amazing. I guess we'll see how long that lasts. :wink: