Vienna Aquarium and pets

davjbeas

This is a store no one really talks about. So heres my opinion.

1) They sell tropical fish, Koi, birds and reptiles and salt water fish.

2) The prices on dry goods and Misc things are a bit high(tap water purifier unit $60.00)

3) They will not give wamas discount.

4) They have a lot of nice marine fish(however the tanks are seriously overcrowded)

Its worth stopping by if you want a new fish, the have some really nice species but prices are high

dont shop here for live rock or corals.

David B.

I've shopped there now and then. Food prices (frozen) are reasonable and the absolute freshest I've found anywhere. Nice selection of fish though geared more towards FOWLR then reef species.

I've stopped in a few times. One time the stock was full and great looking. The next time I dropped in (with money in my pocket) only to find very few SW fish and most of them looking pretty drab.

I agree that the prices there are a bit high and they carry mostly low to mid-range products. I'm neutral on this store. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit but I do stop in and browse when I'm in the area.

Dittos above! :)

I don't really go there much. I don't feel welcome for whatever reason. Haven't found much stock there at a reasonable price that I was interested in. In a pinch, they DO have some relevant plumbing that's closer for me than driving out to BRK -- but more often than not I drive out there anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that Chris at Vienna is rather expensive. He helped me with Aquacultered LR that was great. I think that it was probably a little dense, but the stuff that was on it was great, including tunicates were really nice and it was already cured. For some key pieces that you can hand pick, I've never seen that opportunity.

In an older post I recomended him because he helped early on. My Rio blew in my tank a few months after I started reefing and I was a newbie. I can still remember the burnt ozone smell in the air when I came home. So I had a serious emergency at 8:00 on a Tuesday night and called him just before he was closing and stayed he open for me.

Chris prepped me with the the carbon, Neutriwater for a heavy water change and the (this was two years ago before the other lfs's except marine scene were selling sw) and all the necessary know how for this disaster. I was lucky and didn't even lose anything. So if he cost me an extra $20 on the stuf, that's nothing compared to losing your entire stock of inverts.

As a reasonable statement, I think that we can agree that each LFS has it's own area of expertise.

FF

Edited by fishface