New Sump Designs available soon

NAGA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the projects I am currently working on and the frequency of folks wanting an acrylic sump made for their tanks I have come up with a rough design that I am looking to produce volume wise. As the title states there will be a 3 ft., 4 ft., 5 ft., and 6 ft. model. They will be made with white acrylic for the sides and bottom and the front being clear. I have found that over the years that the white holds up better asthetically with the salt spray/creep that occurs in our stands. Those white water lines do not show up on the white and it's far easier to see what's going on in the sump when there is a bright white background to contrast things. Certainly a fish in the sump shows up better.

Anyway, the pricing is going to be available soon. The 5ft. and 6ft. models will have an optional auto top-off tank built into the sump with the appropriate fittings and float switches. There will also be a refugium that can be fitted into the 5ft. and 6ft. models that will incorporate black sides as to not have the light spill into the sump. I have also incorporated a filter sock where all water that enters the two bulkhead fittings has to go down and channel back up and down the sock. Here is a pic of a 3ft. prototype;

DSC00162-1.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

Some of the ideas for these sumps came off of the sump that I made for pco1988. Thanks to him for giving me a blank slate to come up with this.

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg