What is IT?

hbh

Okay here goes. I just went to enjoy my daily tank time and saw a sight to behold. BUT was it a good thing or bad? Here's what I saw: On the side of my small mushroom rock there was a long, very thin,tiny (size of a strand of hair) white tube deliberately stretching, touching,'' Feeling"around. Then I saw it was attached to an orange "seed" about the size of a poppy seed. Looking even more closely, I see more of these seeds are on my base rock and floating in my water column! Whoa! LOOK at THAT! :eek: A tube reaches up from the base rock extending itself 2" high out towards my mushroom rock and proceeds to rapell itself UP the rock and into a crevice! :eek: My clown fish is eating them too! It's really excited that he can eat them and relishing them. He deliberately goes over to the rock, stirs up the water to float them, and then eats the seeds.

All parameters are good, I do have a small Kenya tree that has shed 2 branches nearby, 2 snails, 2 scarlet reef crabs. Nothing else has been unusual. No one (fish) is sick. I did have ich 7-8 weeks ago but not since. So we are all freaking out because "it" looks so wierd. No photos as "it" is so tiny.

Anyone want to guess? Help? :why: DO I do anything???

Thank you!

Okay here goes. I just went to enjoy my daily tank time and saw a sight to behold. BUT was it a good thing or bad? Here's what I saw: On the side of my small mushroom rock there was a long, very thin,tiny (size of a strand of hair) white tube deliberately stretching, touching,'' Feeling"around.

Thank you!

I saw some of those in my tank too. I assume they're good. Hitchikers of some kind.

Sounds like a worm of some kind, but what exactly almost impossible to tell...

My next guess is maybe that it was some kind of nudibranc again not sure...

next time you see one grab one, take a bite and let us know what it tastes like (No... don't do that, but do grab one and put it in a small container and bring it by so we can see it.

Dave

LOL! I'll eat one if you do it first! After I make sure you don't get sick that is... :lol2: You guys make me smile. Thanks.

I'll go see if there are any more walking or repelling around in my tank. They were tiny! As small as a poppy seed with long string "arms" about the width of a hair. Too fine for my photo skills...

So what would you all do: leave it or try to suck it all out? Where would they come from? I have not added anything new except the 5 free WAMAS corals from the workshop. But they were in QT for over a month!

Edited by hbh

See if you can get one... maybe we'll be able to identify it...

Probably came from eggs layed in one of your pieces of live rock that have now hatched.

Dave