Inexpensive corals?

Jon Lazar

Used to be that Jeff's Exotic Fish had the best price around for basic corals like xenia, GSP, brains, polyps, and leathers with his 9/$99 deal.  Even with shipping, it was a lot cheaper than I could find local here in the DC area.  Now that he no longer has that offer, who has the next best thing?  I've been to Roozens and The Reef Tank and will likely buy some corals there, but is there an online dealer that even comes close to Jeff's 9/$99?  I'm resetting up my 125 and would like to get a bunch of "starter corals" to begin stocking it.  

Jon

Jon

for softies i would just wait around, lotsa people in this area have lotsa frags, that would probly be the cheapest. it will be awhile before im overgrown with stuff, but im sure (knock on wood) ill be fraggin in about 6 to 12 months also. everybody in this club has been real nice, they also have a freebie table at the meetings :D  also check out marine scene if ya get to Herndon,

HTH Gary

i would have to say frags from local people are the way to go thats how i stcoked my entire tank and if you want some nice loking colonies even though they are clollected from the wild reefermadness.us had nice stuff

Been trying to get rid of some leathers. Might be through Fredrcksburg on the 14th weekend sometime. Capnella, sarcophyton and zoo's.-

pics

Interested, PM .

Thanks for the help...I may just wait a while until someone local prunes some corals back, but my tank is so empty!  It looks like the next meeting isn't until October?

Dbartco, you've got PM.

Jon

Guest mikesroth
Jon, I would just ask if people have frags that they want to give or sell out.  I have found the people in the group to be super friendly, and really willing to help others out!!!!

I have some leathers, mushrooms, zoantids and two different GSP that I would be willing to frag if someone wated to come by the house to get them(PM me-live in Burke Va). LPS grow so slow that I believe you have to buy them to get one for your tank. Otherwise I will bring them to the next meeting. I am a bit more interested in some peices of the easy SPS but not acro's. I have some digi and monti's that are just frags for now but are showing good growth. This is after my set back last month while out of town. TRT last week had some good easy SPS 3 packs for just 39 dollars that were tank raised locally. Hard to beat anywhere, and no shipping and a WAMAS discount.