Jebao, you prob killed my corals

My tank wasn’t doing good and lost a lot of corals recently. Today the jebao sow8 I had for about 4-5 years was running slow so I took it out to clean it. The inner magnet seal broke and it’s rust like a mofo.

Perhaps that’s what killed some of my corals. Check your gears folks! And prob stay away from their products too.

I had been always a fan of them till now SMH. 51ae89ba13e0ed2cfbf52c10a75ced7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All magnets pretty much do this at some point ..........should replace most after a few years.......

I always run a poly filter after carbon just to be safe.....cheap insurance considering what we have spent on our tanks.

I have personally had 5x more Ecotech MP magnets rust and bust over my Jebaos, but alas all magnets will go at some point in this hobby. Sorry to hear it. Definitely a good public announcement for everyone to check their gear!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Agree with all the above! I glued the ones that are ok hopefully this will prevent it and last a bit longer. The one shown in the picture is trashed.

3c9c7ad93d3bf93f9595f3282c2c51ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this happen to a nero 3. notorious for cracking on the inner motor. I think the plastic is so thin to keep it in a small size form factor. I had a few corals decline over the last few months and I am wondering if it was the cause. I think it was cracked for months as I heard it clicking but never bothered to look at the inner magnet around...

I think Tunze seems to be the best at longevity but no plastic covered magnet will last forever. 

Check the magnet mount AND the pump motor area!!