Experience with Dr. Tim’s on older tank

My 215 been up since fall of 2005. Still has 4+ deep sand bed. Things chugged along okay, but still have an occasional sps loss or slow tissue loss that starts at base.  After all these years & heavy skimming, off and on use of ozone, continual use of uv, periods of running a gfo and/or carbon, I’m curious if I would see some benefits from use of waste away, or other products from him.

I did start a 65 in December with water from 215 & Marco rock + real reef branch as tank for seahorses & used Dr. Tim’s one & only for cycling and been happy with results. Test gorgonians seem to be doing well in there as well as test monti.

on 215 I also started after thanksgiving using TLF Acropower and periodically broadcasting reef roids few days a week. Sps colors perking up in some corals and my 7+ year old $500 efflo colony is showing more intense purple rim.  But could also be a combination of things that after Sanjay’s talk last summer I went back to a full spectrum light profile on radion gen 4 instead of venture in AB+ blue spectrum.  

Anyone have something to share on using something on older tanks to refresh good bacteria?

How often do you restock your CUC? 

• Origami changed the title to Experience with Dr. Tim’s on older tank