Anyone know what might eat these mushrooms

epleeds

Any idea what might eat these. I have a tanks that’s covered in them.  I would like to get them outta the tank. I can sell the loose rocks but they are all over the main structures. Wondering if there is a natural predator of them 

C24AB4A7-89F7-434E-B398-738FB9C534D5.png

I did a search a while back for the same reason, although mine is not that bad, so I might do it manually, but someone on RC from way back when recommended a chocolate chip starfish - but it might eat any and all shrooms, zoas and who knows what else, but they're easy to catch. The thread also recommended butterfly fish or big angels, but its hit or miss if they eat them or if the also eat other things. 

If you find something that works, let us all know!

I had this exact problem years ago.  A rogue brown mushroom on a frag spread everywhere.  There was nothing I could do unfortunately.  I just vow never to put a shroom in my tank again (unless it is something like a jawbreaker or bounce).  

Believe it or not peppermint shrimp but this kind. A friend of mine was having someone help with her tanks and they accidentally put this this peppermint shrimp in the tank and they ate 40 ricordias within the day! It has to be the ones with the horizontal line across the back and not the standard breed we see all the time.

2c9bec0f64f5f621237df5efff6afc23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a different kind of peppermint shrimp, a Lysmata Rafa. I thought they were camel shrimp at first too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk