Broken Center Brace

xabo

No, I wouldn't bet on the gorilla glue. The brace is there for structural reason (bow out) and glue is not an alternative to the brace if it wasn't broken. I personally can't tell what those pictures are showing but I would start thinking about longer term strategies.  You can use bar clamps and plywood to temporarily brace it until you come up with a plan. Lower water level also to alleviate the center pressure against the glass. Good luck.

Along the frame, there is a ledge about 1/8-3/16" wide. The glass center brace sits atop of this ledge. It appears that the glass was held in place with silicone.

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

From your photos, it would appear that the entire glass brace separated from the back of the aquarium, correct? 

if that’s the case, I would immediately use some wood and bar clamps to take the place of the brace. As was already mentioned, that brace is supposed to keep the front and back panes from bowing out too much, and is critical for preventing failure of the tank. 

Once you have a temporary fix, you can figure out a longer term solution. I’m not sure if you can repair that. Perhaps if you clean up the brace and its attachment points, then use an appropriate adhesive.