Best LFS Around NoVA for Live Stock

Adamsapple12

I moved away from Virginia about 6+ years ago with my reef setup. Sold my reef about 2 years ago and moved back to Arlington a year ago. Finally rejoined WAMAS and getting back into the hobby! 

That being said, what are the best LFS stores in NoVA for fish/livestock/coral? Already ordered all of my dry goods and tank online during BRS'/Amazon Black Friday sale so don't need much of that. Also don't care too much if the fish are quarantined. Prefer variety and selection as I do my own quarantine.  

From a quick Google Maps search looks like a few are still around, but a few have gone/changed. And don't have a whole day to drive around NoVA/DC evaluating LFS' before buying. 

Appreciate all the recommendations and time saved in advance!

Thanks,

Stephen

There are still many around and most encourage orders if you are looking for something in particular.  They can all get it!

Not very familiar with MD stores but understand there are a few good ones.  In VA, my go to's are Blue Ribbon Koi, Capital Aquarium, Reef Escape and Centreville

Aquarium - primarily due to convenience.  I encourage you to support our local marine/reef stores.  They can get what you want, just need to have the conversation!! 

Personally, I usually go to Reef Escape. It's closest to me, and they quarantine their fish (I know you said not important to you, but it's not as common). They're definitely willing to order, and I've enjoyed working with them. I've always had good experiences going to the store, and getting healthy fish.