Clownfish with bilateral swelling

Squishie89

My 10+ year old clownfish has these bilateral red swellings just behind her gills, kinda right where her pectoral fin meets her body. I only just noticed it as she is acting off tonight.

I did just add a BTA 2ish weeks ago, but doesn't remind me of any kind of sting, and with it being in the same spot on both sides seems unlikely related. 

(Clownfish is not using BTA as a host, still using her fake anemone)

Any thoughts? My biggest concern is some kind of cancer or infection. 

PXL_20231010_060750653.MP.jpg

PXL_20231010_060752151.jpg

Edited by Squishie89

I’m not sure what that is. Does it look similar on both sides? When it comes to an anemone sting, as it’s trying to host it, you will typically see black spots as described below. The Hyper Melanization typically subsides in a couple weeks IME. Hopefully your fish just has some irritation from rubbing on the fake anemone.

https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/clownfish-hyper-melanization.6/

It's a little far forward for a swim bladder problem, but the slightly transparent look of it sort of reminds me of that.  What kind of off is she acting?

I wouldn't suspect digestive related, at least.

10 hours ago, WheresTheReef said:

I’m not sure what that is. Does it look similar on both sides? When it comes to an anemone sting, as it’s trying to host it, you will typically see black spots as described below. The Hyper Melanization typically subsides in a couple weeks IME. Hopefully your fish just has some irritation from rubbing on the fake anemone.

https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/clownfish-hyper-melanization.6/

Looks exactly the same on both sides. 

Yeah I don't think it's a sting, but wanted to throw in the newest change to the tank. 

I suppose it's possible regarding her fake anemone and I just never noticed it, cause she's had that thing for years. 

2 hours ago, DaJMasta said:

It's a little far forward for a swim bladder problem, but the slightly transparent look of it sort of reminds me of that.  What kind of off is she acting?

I wouldn't suspect digestive related, at least.

The other day she was super hungry, she ate mysis which she never does, and a ton of her normal pellets. Last night she was wandering further than normal and only ate about half her normal amount of food.