Help!

Jaime Rosado

I have a Red Sea Reefer 425, only 3.5 years old, and it has sprung a leak.  I have everything held together now with industrial-sized clamps (after BIG clean up and lots of water in the house), but wondering if any has ideas about resealing the seams.  Something better than Red Sea can do since I can't afford to do this every 3 years!  Thoughts?

Jaime

I don’t have one, but I have heard that their stands just can’t support the weight. If they send you a new tank, I would look into building a stand. I know a guy in the Stafford area that does good work if you need a reference. 

Depending upon the size, I have a stand you can pickup immediately. I’m located in Glen Burnie, MD. If interested let me know and I’ll get photos and measurements. With my disability, I’m unable to lift it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the quick replies!  The stand is fine...it's one side of the glass that has started to separate.  I had a 2 year warranty that was extended to 3 years with registration.  It failed at 3 1/2 years!  Red Sea offered me $1200 toward a new tank, BUT (here's the catch!) I have to buy a whole new, $4000 system.  Sad!!!! 

Never had this happen to a tank, but I'm going to look for a 35 - 40 gallon acrylic tank that can't separate.  Just hard to find something that is configured for a sump already.  :-(  If anybody has recommendations, I appreciate it.

Thanks, again. 

The stand I mentioned earlier came with a 40 gallon tank that is already plumbed for a sump. $150 if you want. It’s a glass tank, not acrylic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk