Do clownfish stop eating in relation to mating or pairing?

(edited)

I have had a single clown in the past, but this is the first time having a pair. Over the last few days they have not been earring well. Food that that are normally voracious eaters with they take in their mouths and then spit out. Not a ton of aggression towards each other, but a little bit of nipping as seen in the video below. Also, a lot of burrowing in the sand behind the rock.

https://imgur.com/a/U6vlX30

Edited by Coalminer

I have no personal experience with them, but are they showing other signs of spawning?  I don't see a particular difference in size nor a particularly big belly (full of eggs) that would indicate spawning is imminent, but it's been a while since I've had clowns and those ones never spawned, so I'm not so sure.

My clowns always spawned and I can't remember them no eating... typically they eat more right before. 

I would suspect an illness or stress over them spawning. Not sure about pairing, since its been a while, but I seem to remember pairing being almost immediate. 

They don't look thin or unhealthy. Just keep offering them small meals and give them time. They are hardy fish. I'm sure they'll start eating like pigs soon enough. Tank looks fairly new. How long have you had them in there?

Clownfish tend to stay in a certain area. My pair spawns regularly and yet they bicker like an old married couple all the time. Their interaction with each other looks normal in your video. I wouldn't worry unless you see really aggressive behavior.

Thanks, everyone. 

They've been in the tank since May. They're starting to eat more the past two days and seem almost fine now. Just chalking it up to pairing and clown weirdness.