Anyone else see Apex Fusion not updating?

AlanM

Here's what I see.  The numbers are correct.  It's connected to Fusion.  It's doing the correct dosing and keeping temp steady.  I can control outlets on it, but it doesn't seem to be uploading data to the Fusion graphs since about 4pm yesterday.

image.thumb.jpeg.69a19db4299b7c4e60b1cd4d4cc7a7a9.jpeg

Mine is fine. However, I had a bizarre issue with the last firmware update, where I continuously got alarm notifications - with no actual alarms. Then, after a few weeks, it was randomly gone. I've had a few other issues and oddities since the last firmware update.

Have you contacted support? They're usually awesome with responding (I usually get a response within hours, sometimes even afterhours).

Have you tried rebooting? You can reboot via the misc settings (wrench symbol). If that does not fix it… graphs disappearing seems to be a common symptom of corrupted sd card. You may want to submit a support ticket to neptune just in case. b92ea80e15196e51ce0ca908742cf228.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've rebooted and manually power cycled it. I have a tech support case open. I thought maybe it was a fusion outage on the server, but it doesn't sound like it. SD card issue is interesting.

It's an RMA return. They are cross shipping one with deposit refunded when they get mine returned.

(edited)

What is the issue?

I've never done it, but you should be able to create a backup of your configuration and use it to clone the programming. Just in case you're swapping head units.

Edited by WheresTheReef

They didn't say, but I gave them access to my fusion account and they came back with an RMA replacement of the head unit.  I think jhOU called it with the bad SD card. If it wasn't in warranty I would have cracked it open myself to try to replace it.

RMA replacement arrived finally.  It's an Apex Jr they sent, not an Apex Pro despite the invoice in the box saying Apex Pro. Looks like it will be a while longer.

15 hours ago, AlanM said:

RMA replacement arrived finally.  It's an Apex Jr they sent, not an Apex Pro despite the invoice in the box saying Apex Pro. Looks like it will be a while longer.

wow that’s annoying… I hope they rush shipped another replacement and told you to just keep the Jr for your trouble.

Yep, they are trying again to ship a Pro.  It will be USPS priority mail, so should get it by the end of the week.  I'll just put the Apex Jr and the broken Apex Pro in the same box for RMA return.  The Apex still seems to be working, and I can see the data in real time, just can't see anything in the past.

It's "not the painless replacement experience they strive for" hah.

I got the new Pro, plugged it in, and followed the forum instructions for doing a restore of the old configuration which was not exactly seamless.  I eventually got everything manually reconfigured, but there are still some hiccups.  

It doesn't seem to be reading my ORP and pH probes.  It just always gives max/min values from what I can tell.  It also doesn't give me access on the local IP address.  I'm continuing the ticket with support on the issues.

Small update.  Since it connected to Fusion and was happily on the network I knew it must be something odd with not allowing local IP connections.  I checked the network settings and saw that somehow the port number for running the local Apex interface was set for port 0.  I set it to port 80 and it works fine.  No idea why the thing was set to that.

I also got the pH probe working.  I had to do a manual configuration because the automatic complained about the range it was reading.  I bet those calibrated offsets were vastly off as well and were zeroed out somehow.  I had some long-expired 7 and 10 pH solution which should at least get the probe working since I don't really care about the exact number, just the swings.

ORP is a bit harder to try to calibrate since you're not supposed to do it yourself.  I'll see if I can source some solution or see if Apex phone tech support can help at all on Monday.