Updates on my tank <PICS>

Guest JFish

Guest JFish

Here is my 58 gallon now.. after the added corals and fish of that last few weeks and from the meeting last saturday.

First a full tank shot of what the tank looks like now...I have a hard time getting a bright photo of the entire tank.

frontnovember.JPG

Here's a cool pic i got of my clowns and anemone:

clownsinanemone.JPG

My teal Staghorn (used to have blue tips before lights blew for a week and gobies picked at the polyps...recovering well though... my other acro is suffering from the citron gobies...don't know if it'll make it.

tealstag.JPG

A new AWESOME shot of my clam:

clam.JPG

my orange cap starting to spread pretty fast:

orangecap.JPG

A really cool colored stag.. (undescribable color) from TRT

weirdstag.JPG

And last but certainly not least:  MY NEW SCOTT's FAIRY WRASSE :)  can you tell i like him?

wrasse2.JPG

wrasse1.JPG

Maybe someday I'll get a full bodied shot.. he is a big fella and fast too...never staying still when he's out in the open...

ENJOY,

Guest JFish
a single 400 watt 20000kelvin Radium fired on a PFO HQI Ballast run 9 hours a day under a spider light reflector...man that is a lot to say about one light bulb :)

Guest JFish

Well I bought it as an australian Super male scott's.. supposed to be prettier and brighter than the cook island Scott's...should I e-mail FFExpress and make sure they sent me the right fish...It certainly has the same and fins of a scott's  I'm thinking it's because it's so big...Have you ever seen a 5 inch scott's fairy wrasse before...maybe they lose their juvenile colors like angels do...I'll e-mail them and see what's up.

Thanks,

Hey John that's a kickass fish. I would do a google search on your fairy wrasse for more info. Whatever species it is, that is gorgeous. Also, thanks for the gorgonian frags and zoanthids. They were just the right size and look good in my nano. are you happy with the 20 k radiums?

There's a guy on reefs.org that "specializes" in wrasses.  I think his name is Len, or something like that.  Search on wrasses and I'm sure you will find some hits.

I know that wrasses are sexually dichromatic (the sexes are different colors) and that some wrasses do change color over time.  I don't know about this one though.

Scott Michael is a good resource for wrasse information.  Check out the http://www.coralrealm.com/homepage.html.  It is "his" wrasse afterall  :;):  There is a feature article about wrasses, but you have to be a member to get full access (I am by the way).

p.s.,

your second set of images is busted.

Guest JFish

Thanks, I'll see what's up with the images...also this is the reply I got from FFExpress:

I’ve shown your pictures of the Super Male Scott’s Fairy Wrasse to my Live Stock Manager.  He said you indeed received the correct fish, and that the red spot you were referring to is not a species identifying mark, rather just a coloration that some might have and some don’t.  For your review you may also look at a book called the Fairy & Rainbow Wrasses and their relatives by Rudie H. Kuiter.  If you look at page 44 there are about 3 pictures of male Scott’s Fairy Wrasses with no red spot and close to the same coloration you have received.

I will still check up on it...Either way as long as it doesn't destroy anything or eat anything I am perfectly happy with it as it is a beautiful fish...becoming less shy every day...He knows me now and comes out every time I stick my hand in the tank to see if I have food presumably.

Guest JFish

Also...I am very happy with the radium...somethings on the sides get light just on their left or just on their right but that is a spread issue..the color is perfect and corals seem to like it and are showing pretty nice color.

and also thanks johnc