Potassium chloride advice needed!

NoVaJimmy

Hey reefers!

I've been noticing alot of people lately talking about the effectiveness of potassium chloride as a dip and decided its time to give at a try.

What brands do you use?

Is there a certain grade/purity that people look for when buying potassium chloride for dipping?

What dilution do you use for your potassium chloride dip?

What are the advantages over other dips such as Revive, Bayer, and Coral Rx?

Thanks for any and all input!

I use this brand from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Potassium-Chloride-KCl-1-Pound/dp/B008NX2WJ8/

I know some folks get the bulk bags of pellets (pool softener).

usually I do a 1 Tsp per gallon for 10-15 min. If you see the corals being dirtier, do a stronger (2x-3x) concentration or longer period of time. 

Here's FarmerTy's method:

image.thumb.png.397df97bef06ac6c8523dfd058fd1b2c.png

I've been doing the Battle Corals dip version using Reef Primer (Polyplab) and UWC Expel. That said Reef Primer ingredients are potassium salts. I can assume it is potassium chloride and maybe potassium iodide/iodine. UWC Expel I am positive is Bayer that is rebranded which UWC seems to be great at but I digress (lookup algaecide/vibrant debacle).

That all said I switched to just potassium chloride and will add a little Bayer if I think things are needing a bit of an extra cleaning. I went with this one as it's 2.2lbs and same 1tsp per gallon as Lynn mentioned.

image.thumb.png.cfd06a4353c8d6b79c3887df6a450c62.png

Edited by wildcrazyjoker81