180 Gallon tank for sale - Getting out of the hobby for now.

Guest Kimo

Guest Kimo

My 180 gallon Oceanic reef ready tank is for sale. It is 6' x 2' x 2', and is PRE-DRILLED for a closed loop with two 1.5" bulkheads in the middle of the back panel at 2' from each end! No stress about getting your tank drilled!

img4101mediumlx7.th.jpg

I have had this tank set up for 4 years, and broke it down A few months ago.

I have the original oceanic stand and a custom hood built by Quazi (mike priest) and myself. It can be used with any type of lighting and has an open back with 2 4" fans in the ends. Black enamel finish.

Also included is a custom sump, this cost me over $350 alone! It is 25" x 18" x 14", and constructed of acrylic by Greg Shields of http://www.reefmania.net/ I don't know how many gallons it holds.

The sump itself it REALLY REALLY nice. Here are some pics, click on the thumbnail for a hi-res version.

img4681mediumda2.th.jpg

This is the sump, just an overall view. You can see the custom drain I made from 1" PVC. This prevents bubbles from being sucked into the skimmer pump. The skimmer return is 1.5" and is in the back left corner. There are 3 outlets, visible on the front right side, and this allows you to plumb the pump at a 90 deg angle to the sump if space is tight. The calcium reactor input is visible on the far corner on the back side. The probe holder is visible on one of the middle partitions.

img4689mediumln8.th.jpg

This is a close up view of the custom PVC intake that I built. If you have any questions please let me know.

img4690mediumzf0.th.jpg

All bulkheads are hayward, a leader in quality and reliability. That gasket is nice thick rubber, and just oozes quality.

img4683mediumdg1.th.jpg

The flow goes from right to left. The eggcrate is removable and is great for holding carbon or floss for water polishing.

I love this sump. It is REALLY nice, and this is a KILLER deal!

For everything I am asking $850. This is a GREAT deal for a high quality tank, stand, hood and custom sump!

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks!

Jamie

His screen name is misfit69 or something like that.

GOOD FREAKIN MEMORY RAFF!!! I think that's exactly it. :eek:

BTW your sump holds roughly 27 gallons of water or about 103 liters. Yes guys I cheated

Edited by jason the filter freak

Guest Misfit69

Thanks for thinking of me guys or at least trying to remember me to think of me ;) But I am a few months away from being ready for a tank. I have a guy picking up my 125 next weekend so I will be on the market for a new tank when I get setup in the area.

Again thanks.

Brian

GOOD FREAKIN MEMORY RAFF!!! I think that's exactly it. :eek:

BTW your sump holds roughly 27 gallons of water or about 103 liters. Yes guys I cheated

The reason I remembered was because I lived in Anchorage and Fairbanks for about 3 years.

Raf

Sold. Thanks Squiddly! Let me know how it goes.

So far, so good. It's in the house :-). Now for the rest of the fun..... soon as I can talk hubby into prepping things to get some water in it and start it cycling. Funnily enough, he's wanting something called a break. I don't understand what this means.

:-)

I think it's thats startling moment between work, intimacy, and arguing. That you don't know what to do with when it occurs, but never seems long enough. :gho: :rollface: :lol:

Edited by jason the filter freak