schg's Ultum Nature Systems 45u nano

Closed loop definitely sounds better. Tank is looking nice! Love that you're getting a chiller! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Closed loop definitely sounds better. Tank is looking nice! Love that you're getting a chiller! 

I don't know if you meant literally or figuratively, but I agree with both lol. It is proving easier to work with and is MUCH quieter.

And yeah, I have an idea on how to plumb it cleanly, but need to get it in my hands first. Waboss won't be able to give it to me until the end of this week. I'll also have a doser soon, if I can convince someone to come meet up with me to grab a beer or two :tongue:

1 hour ago, Schg said:

I don't know if you meant literally or figuratively, but I agree with both lol. It is proving easier to work with and is MUCH quieter.

And yeah, I have an idea on how to plumb it cleanly, but need to get it in my hands first. Waboss won't be able to give it to me until the end of this week. I'll also have a doser soon, if I can convince someone to come meet up with me to grab a beer or two :tongue:

Yeah yeah, it'll have to be soon, my schedules about to get rocked. I'll send a text. 

What's the chiller for? Last I heard Columbia, MD has the same climate as the rest of the DMV...Do you not have or us A/C during the summer?

4 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Yeah yeah, it'll have to be soon, my schedules about to get rocked. I'll send a text. 

Sounds good, I’ll be around most nights!

18 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

What's the chiller for? Last I heard Columbia, MD has the same climate as the rest of the DMV...Do you not have or us A/C during the summer?

lol it is, but there are two problems; I don’t have AC in my house, and I’m also moving to Florida soon. Temps are just too inconsistent in a 9 gallon anyway. 

45 minutes ago, Schg said:

lol it is, but there are two problems; I don’t have AC in my house, and I’m also moving to Florida soon. Temps are just too inconsistent in a 9 gallon anyway. 

Well... I grew up in Florida. You'll want ac there for sure!

Looks great by the way. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2022 at 7:54 AM, howaboutme said:

Any updates on your lights? How are the luxdiums fairing?

The luxdium is doing great, I can definitely tell the colors are getting better overall with the coral.

My tank as a whole is pretty neglected at the moment, as I have had a LOT going on with everything, and a bunch of hiccups with getting the house (lender related). Fortunately I just closed on the house yesterday and moved 80% of my stuff up, but I am unsure on what to do with the tank.

I think I bit off more than I could chew with the super clean setup using lily pipes, it just isn't working how I want it to. I am debating going with another tank setup either temporarily or permanently. I may search for a IM 25 lagoon again instead, I loved that tank....

Thanks for the update! Good luck with the move, it's never easy. My suggestion is to start over. Transferring is always a risk. At least you have all or most of the equipment depending on if you want a new tank or not. I applaud your efforts to work w/ the lilly pipes but I did think that it was going to be a difficult task.

If you’d like, drop it off, and come pick up when ready. I have an established 12 gallon for emergency. Same safe setting as my dt. Too easy. Just text me.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, howaboutme said:

Thanks for the update! Good luck with the move, it's never easy. My suggestion is to start over. Transferring is always a risk. At least you have all or most of the equipment depending on if you want a new tank or not. I applaud your efforts to work w/ the lilly pipes but I did think that it was going to be a difficult task.

Yeah I think it is very manageable overall honestly, but I am having to major issues: 

1. I can’t get the surface skimming right, and once I do it’s just too noisy. I think it’s too much flow to push through pipes with the surface skimming. 
2. The tank is too small for the lily pipes to push as much flow as I need appropriately. I need to split the outflow to spread the flow out, but that would hurt the aesthetic of my setup. 

I think it wouldn’t be hard for me to figure out, but with the move and everything I feel like I need a simpler setup. I may just see if anyone has another IM 25 Lagoon to move into for now. 

22 hours ago, YHSublime said:

If you’d like, drop it off, and come pick up when ready. I have an established 12 gallon for emergency. Same safe setting as my dt. Too easy. Just text me.

I appreciate that, I may take you up on it! I am debating just swapping into a different tank and turning this one into a planted tank for my office in the attic. 

I ended up picking up a (dirty) Innovative Marine 20 gallon for $50 that doesn't have a pump, but I have one that will fit just fine!

Need to either find a stand or build on, and go set it up at the new house ASAP. I suppose I should start a new thread?

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Eh, or revamp this one! 

Perhaps!

Either way I'm going to wait, as I still need to clean this one up. I did have my eye on a sumped 30 gallon cube as well, which I would prefer overall but the seller hasn't responded. If he does I may buy that and sell this.