I need formalin 37%, help!

bues0022

I have a new fish in QT with what I believe is uronema. I can’t find formalin anywhere besides ordering it. I don’t think I can wait that long. Does anyone have some near Bristow I can buy from them?

Does the fish have open sores? If so it's not recommended to use formalin or it will burn the sores. You sure it's not just an injury? You can try a freshwater dip and use metro as described here https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/uronema.13/ if you do suspect uronema. 

Not sure if the recommendation against formalin also holds true for Ruby Reef Rally since it's supposed to be gentler on the fish. However, it does contain formalin. A 14 day treatment of metro should treat uronema.

By the time a fish shows sores due to uronema it's tough to treat. Also, you would need to transfer the fish into a sterile QT after the dip. I believe uronema can live in a tank w/o a host so you would need to sterilize that QT before adding other fish later if indeed it's the cause.

If you still want formalin try calling your LFS since many perform a bath before introducing fish into their tanks.

2 hours ago, bues0022 said:

I have a new fish in QT with what I believe is uronema. I can’t find formalin anywhere besides ordering it. I don’t think I can wait that long. Does anyone have some near Bristow I can buy from them?

I noticed you're not following this post so this should notify you. You might want to follow so you know when others post a reply.

I had no idea why I wasn’t “following” this post. Weird. 

Update: Humble fish has been helping a lot.  One angel died the next day. Last night my tang died. Still treating the QT with furan 2, metroplex and kanaplex. I’m almost out of Furan 2 and can’t find any more. I also called around to LFS, and no formalin.