Fun with Linear Actuators

dandy7200

Dandy, I did learn something... :biggrin: ...when I'm ready to DYI something I'll be RUNNING to ask for your help! That is amazing and stunning!! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Dan, I think its time for you to resurrect this old thread and update us on your progress!

Hate you :biggrin:

Still looks the same, I have stored the Redwood outside for the winter and will bring it in and plane it down when the time permits.

It looks like I may be incorporating that same idea into a custom job I'll be starting in a few weeks. Lucky for me everything will be painted black to match the existing stand so I don't have to mess with stain and finish. Depending on the design, I may be hitting you up for some welding.

Anything you'd change in the lift system if you were to do it all over?

It looks like I may be incorporating that same idea into a custom job I'll be starting in a few weeks. Lucky for me everything will be painted black to match the existing stand so I don't have to mess with stain and finish. Depending on the design, I may be hitting you up for some welding.

Anything you'd change in the lift system if you were to do it all over?

The only thing I would change is get the remote module, my finger gets tired from holding the rocker button sometimes :lol: Also make sure you get a momentary switch or remote so the whole thing doesn't have to lift to the full height every time, this is nice since I just open it about 4" or so to feed and only use the full lift when doing maintenance or fragging corals.

The only thing I would change is get the remote module, my finger gets tired from holding the rocker button sometimes :lol: Also make sure you get a momentary switch or remote so the whole thing doesn't have to lift to the full height every time, this is nice since I just open it about 4" or so to feed and only use the full lift when doing maintenance or fragging corals.

We're not worthy!!!

Funny thing is - looking at what you've done - it just plain seems like the RIGHT thing to do. I'm imagining all kinds of other velcro'd panels and stuff; and nothing seems to work. You win!

bob