Dosing Pump issue

AirickDubV

Hello, I set up a Kamoer X1 pump for the first time tonight. I’m using a Voss bottle with bulkhead and acrylic tube as my container. However, I am unable to pull solution from the container using the acrylic tube, but if I dump the hose in directly, the pump will pull the solution. I also tried with a spare bulkhead and acrylic tube still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tube is fairly loose in the bulkhead. It locks but with little force I can pull it out of the BRS 1/4” bulkheads. I do not have a vent hole.

You’ve really gotta jam both the tubing and line into the bulkhead to get the seal. Shouldn’t be able to just ‘pull it out.’

You should also drill a tiny hole in the lid like Daj said above. I keep mine loosely on top bc I didn’t do this when I made mine.

the tubing that comes with the kamoer is too small to use with the bulkhead. The “drew’s doser” tubing from BRS is the closest replacement for kamoer tubing that has a larger outer diameter. But soft tubing in general is not great to use with those bulkheads, and you’re better off just running the tubing directly into the container.

Thanks! I think it is the tubing itself. Can air get to the solution or will it affect anything over time like PH, etc?

If it does I’m going to have to DIY another lid as the hole from the bulkhead is much bigger then the tube

10 minutes ago, AirickDubV said:

Thanks! I think it is the tubing itself. Can air get to the solution or will it affect anything over time like PH, etc?

If it does I’m going to have to DIY another lid as the hole from the bulkhead is much bigger then the tube

Probably fine for now, but it’s easy enough to just get some more voss bottles and drill a smaller hole. With the large hole, evaporation changing the concentration may be a concern.