Glasscages.com

ChrisRD

I'm wondering if I can get any feedback from folks in the area that have purchased a tank from Glasscages.com.  After looking around here a bit they seem like a great option for a tank (I'm hoping to do a 150 gallon glass tank - 5'x2'x2').  

I'd rather go bigger than an 120 (4'x2'x2') and I can't fit a 180 (6'x2'x2') in the spot where the tank is going so AGA isn't really working out.  The only other option I'm aware of for a glass tank with the dimensions I want is an Oceanic (custom) and I think they're about 3X the price of Glasscages.

The Glasscages pricing seems almost too good to be true, so I guess I'm a bit nervous, having never seen their work before.  I'm wondering if some of you folks can offer any feedback?  Thanks...

Guest clownfish4
I haven't ordered from them, but I have heard a few good things and nothing bad.  If you're serious about them, you need to get a move on it.  They have a show in Manassas coming up and if you get it before then they will bring it with them and you won't have to pay the ridiculous shipping costs.

I'm thinking about the same tank from the same people for the same reasons.

Heard good things too, keep us posted.

Guest mikesroth
I think they have the 150's in stock (they responded to on of my emails about it).  But the sooner you call the better, especially for any drilling and such that you might want.  Depending on how long you can wait they have a show in August in PA and in VA again.  I am debating on the 120, 150 and the 180.  I think I am leaning towards the 120 as the 180 seems so large!!!!  I am thinking I might have to sell my son to afford all the rock I would need. hmmmmm.... :D

Guest HVF21221
I have my new tank on order from them. I ordered about 3 weeks ago. They said they may have to make a trip to VA before the show because they have so many orders. In which case my tank will come sooner. If not I bet they will be pretty tight for space at the end of Aug. show in VA. The only complaint I found in my research was sloppy silicone jobs and plastic trim complaints. I can handle cleaning excess silicone with a razor blade, but I hope it comes in perfect. Howard

After doing some searches and reading on other boards I'm not quite convinced yet...    ...there seems to be some mixed feedback on these guys.

Worst case I guess I could just go with an AGA 120 Megaflow.

Thanks for the input folks. :)