Tank Tour - July 17

Caribbean Jake

Tank tour on July 17th, 4pm to 7pm

Caribbean Jake House

13401 Alfred Mill CT. Herndon, VA  20171

Tel. 703.437.8189

Directions #1:

Take Dulles Toll Road 267 towards Dulles Airport.

Take Exit 10 and turn south towards Centreville Road (away from Herndon town)

Turn left on West Ox Road

Turn right on Floris Lane

Turn right on Alfred Mill CT.

House sits corner of Floris Lane and Alfred Mill CT.

Directions #2

Take 66 West towards Chantilly

Take 50 West

Take Fairfax County Parkway (7100) North

Turn left on West Ox Road

Turn Left on Floris Lane

Turn Right on Alfred Mill CT.

House sits corner of Floris Lane and Alfred Mill CT.

Tanks

135 gal new set up with 30 gal sump

55 gal show tank, all natural, nice !.

20 gal fresh water tank

Everyone is welcome; just ring the door bell since we will be in the basement.  If you tried the flan at the symposium and liked it, we will have some more on Saturday.  Got about 10 pounds of Caribbean curshed coral substrate to share or trade.

Sincerely

Jacob & Marleen

Guest clownfish4
I highly reccomend you go.  I recently saw Jacob's 55 and it is beautiful.  If you want good ideas for your reefs, GO!!!

Hi

All LCC and LS is gone, sorry was used in my new "surprise toy".... a 135g Long...  oh my GOD this thing is huge... at least that's what my wife said...   tng

Anyway, I'm setting it up and see if it is ready for the July 17th tank tour...  it has sump pump, power heads, and skimmer in sump,  but still workinig on the lights, apparently there is an issue with the lights.

Jacob

Ok Mark your calendars for 7/17/04 from 4PM to 7PM and see the new 135 gal being set up together with established 55 gal and other small tanks.

Jacob

I'm thinking of a blonde Naso Tang and an Achiles Tang for my 135?  Any suggestions?  I also thought about Blue Powder but have read that is difficult to keep with other tangs.  How about a Hippo and a Achiles instead?  Give me your opinion.

Jacob

PBT and Achilles are very similar in disposition and should be absolutely added last.  PBT's have been worse IME.  Both are very touchy to keep for extended periods of time.  IMHO a naso is a better choice for long term success.

I'd love to drop in but I am double booked already :(

Cheers.

You enjoy talking about reef’s and fish?   fsh3]]   Come and see the resent set-up 135 gal and the established 55 gal tank.  This Saturday from 4PM to 7PM.   fsh1]]  fsh2]]  

Small tanks available as Refugio, sumps, quarantine tanks and even spawning or starter fry tanks.  Also tank hoods with lights/bulbs for these small tanks, all at reasonable and best offer prices.   There are some accessories available if interested like heaters, Penguin filters, etc.    gvl]]

See you all there....

Jacob [crzy]

I have a powder blue, yellow, and Hippo that have been in a 150G since they were very small. Mind you they have been in there only 6 months but they get along fine for now.

Hey Lee.

My wife likes the Hippo or Pacific Blue Tang (depending on where you go) but I like the NASO and Achilles, although I been told that Achilles are not easy to keep.

Jacob

Guest bill33

hey, who all went, sorry i couldnt go

thanks

Bill

Hi Bill

Few people came over and anjoy the tanks, and they had the same comment regarding the rock work, "it looks nice, like decorating" !.  I'm proud of this work and will offer my services to anyone starting a new tank and looking for ideas on aqua-spacing and rock layout. -- For FREE --- just add beer.

Jacob

Guest reverai

I was there and enjoyed the tanks and the live sand and the conversation. Both tanks looked great particularly the 55 gallon. The 55 gallon tank is full of life and movement and everyone looks happy and healthy.

Thanks again for everything!

Steve