LFS in the DC area?...

ChrisRD

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving to Alexandria, VA in a few weeks.  I'm planning on joining WAMAS once I'm in the area.  

Can anyone recommend a good place in the area to buy a reef ready tank & stand?  I'd like to have something setup down there so I can just move my livestock...

Thanks in advance for any input. :D

Guest Moa

welcome! There are a number of local stores.  Here's a link to a recent post regarding the same topic. Local Stores

There are links to local stores within this posting.  I'm in Maryland.  The 2 stores closest to me (and relatively close to Old Town Alexandria) are Roozens and ultimate saltwater aquariums.  I find the latter store's folks much friendlier.  They can order tanks and have them delivered pretty quickly.  As I am not lucky enough to have a larger tank I can't give you great info regarding their prices, however I have heard good things from others. HTH

I haven't had a chance to read through the board yet, but I probably should have done that first... [::]

Thanks for the help.     :;):

Chris, our forsale section is members only.  What size tank are you looking for?  There is a 150 forsale at a good price.  Cheapest new tanks are up near baltimore at aquarium center.

Chris, our forsale section is members only.  What size tank are you looking for?  There is a 150 forsale at a good price.  Cheapest new tanks are up near baltimore at aquarium center.

I just signed-up so I'll check it out.  I'm probably going to setup a 120 since I only have about 4' to 5' available where the tank will sit (or I'd be looking for a 180)...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Salty_in_Manassas

Folks-

I had an excellent experience when I bought my AGA 90 gal set up (pre-drilled, canopy and stand, plus wet/dry, etc.)--I got it at Centreville Aquarium (near 28/29/I-66).  The entire staff is very knowledgeable.  Dave, the manager, gave a good price, plus 10% off on a future non-livestock purchase (not just a single item, but the bulk) which I used for substrate, etc.  

I called around and priced a bit, and found him to be close to the cheapest in the area (I didn't want to drive all the way to Baltimore!).  

He doesn't stock an extensive supply of livestock though--mixed marine and tropicals.  His livestock looks good, but he often doesn't seem to know its origin (e.g., whether it was live caught or captive bred).  

BTW:  Has been setting up a humungous reef tank in the center of the store, floor to ceiling--750 gals?  Very interesting.

Worth stopping by when in the neighborhood (can we pass a shop?)  

Hope to see some of you Saturday!

John