Bean Animal to Single Inlet Sump

Emhriverdale

Hello!

Omg, omg, omg. I'm back in the hobby 20 years later after failing miserably in my teens, and am finally stepping out from lurker status on a forum with a legitimate question! This is a big moment! 

I directly drilled 4 holes in my 55 g, which exit the back wall to right angles down to the floor (Bean Animal + return). They are covered with slim profile filters (which I love), and thus I have no overflow. 

Currently, the primary outflow (which is partially restricted because my current return pump is a sissy), secondary, and emergency all empty individually into my hilljacked 20G high sump in the basement with baffles made out of whoknowswhat and glued with chewing gum. 

Thanks to WAMAS - I have procured an Aqueon Proflex sump. The new sump has a single intake primary intake. Is it OK to just plumb my secondary and emergency to drop in the first chamber, or should I combine into a single intake pipe for the sump. I don't anticipate regularly using the emergency line, but I'm probably undersized on my return pump so the secondary gets used a bit to maintain water height in the display tank. 

Any advice is much appreciated!

Welcome back. You can just drop them all into the first chamber, especially if they are emergency drains/secondary drains. I personally think it takes away from the redundancy if you plumb them together. 

Some pictures might help, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the slim profile filters.