A testement to poor choices (a tank on casters).

4-5 years ago when I set this tank up for my parents I put it on little 2" unbranded (Home Depot or Lowes) casters*. Thought nothing of the fact that it's sitting on laminate flooring, that casters that small/cheap probably aren't the most sturdy, etc. 

*It's on casters 1. To keep airflow/access under the stand Incase water was ever spilled. 2. Pull the tank off the wall if cords ever needed to be rerouted (my mom is well into her 70s and not sure if I could get anyone over to the house to help them). 3. Allow the tank to be moved if the need ever arose.

20210507_123453.jpg

Today was able to pull the tank out. Roll it about 10 feet* and resituate it. No dents in the floor but some small flats on the casters interestingly enough. Rolled just fine with the tank completely full ?

*the rear casters are fixed and space was limited so it was like a 6 point turn to move it 5 feet over and 45 degrees. 

20210507_124608.jpg

• 7 months later...

I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to have results of similar disaster to the connecting of the ATO directly to the faucet for a tank on the second floor (I think that's how it went - correct me if my details are off).