Need movers for new tank

Packman@90

Hello WAMAS, I am getting my new Waterbox Reef LX 230.5 next Thursday and need to get movers to move it into my basement.  I am located in Clinton MD, and want to know if any one knows of a moving company that would move a fish tank.

Thanks

Marlon 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really hard thing to get help for. I had a custom 260 to move and couldn’t find anyone to hire. Ended up renting equipment myself and had friends help. The club has suction cups for rent.

I know you both already ordered your tanks, but for anyone else considering it- if you order through your LFS, you may be able to get them to deliver and put it in place for you. I had one LFS tell me they would have been able to help if I had done that.

Best advice I can give is plan your route well, get the right tools (suction cups from club, $20 dollies from Home Depot/harbor freight) and some friends to help. Also protect your floors. Home Depot sells rolls of stuff that contractors use to protect floors while doing renovations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a video of a big tank being installed and they called a local tank maintenance service to do it, since they were equipped and experienced with installing large ones.  Can't vouch for any of the local ones and haven't done it myself, but it sounds like a reasonable line of inquiry, at least.

Good luck!