Bubble Magus Dosing Pump Maintenance

Engin

Happy Wednesday! I'm hoping there's someone here that has taken apart a Bubble Magus doser and can answer a quick question. I've emailed the company but haven't heard back.

I have a BM-T01 and have a question regarding the internal motors. When I remove the pump containing the hose to do routine maintenance and cleaning, I noticed the motor shaft has some resistance when trying to turn it with my fingers. My question is, should there be any resistance or should it spin easily by just using my fingers? Thank you in advance! 

Sorry if I didn't post this in the right section

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have the BM doser, I don't know what model. I imagine the peristaltic pump should have resistance, or else anything downwards in the tubing would completely drain into your sump without the controlled siphon from your dosing containers. 

Thanks for the reply brother. I think i know what you're saying. Maybe the resistance is to make the rotations more precise??? Here is a photo of the part in question that has resistance when turning with my fingers. 6f3e5fc60cde045c4a80dff753115b5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mine turn pretty freely.  You can feel a slight drag from the magnets if you spin it with your fingers.
Can I ask how old yours is and if you have ever done any maintenance on it?

Mines 8 years old and the pumps/rollers/tubes are in good shape but I was surprised at how hard it was to turn the roller pin.