New Neptune WAV pumps with high pitched noise

I purchased 2 WAV pumps to upgrade my flow. They arrived yesterday and I installed them. Installation was easy, but there is a loud high-pitched sound resonating from both pumps. The sound is only present when they are running. It is so bad that my ears were still ringing after leaving the room with the tank. I found a few posts online with similar issues, but no resolution on those forums. I experimented with them with no luck. I just emailed Neptune, but also wanted to see if anyone here experienced a similar issue. Hopefully the issue can be resolved as I do like them. I especially like no additional power bricks or controllers since they plug directly into my EB832.

can you post a video? Is it vibration from the cord touching the glass? Is the cage on upside down? Have you taken the impeller out and reseated it? Mine are super quiet running on mavericks flow pattern, but pipeline/pulse can have a knocking sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

It's not vibrating. These are DC pumps so I wonder if it has to do with the frequency that the driver runs at. I did try removing the impeller and reseating it. I held the wires to see if it went away. It does seem to resonate through the glass. Moving it over and changing orientation didn't help either. Hopefully you can hear it in the video. I can hear it on my phone. It helps if you turn the volume up. https://photos.app.goo.gl/g3R1sgZjdx7YgY1D8

Edited by WheresTheReef

I purchased 2 WAV pumps to upgrade my flow. They arrived yesterday and I installed them. Installation was easy, but there is a loud high-pitched sound resonating from both pumps. The sound is only present when they are running. It is so bad that my ears were still ringing after leaving the room with the tank. I found a few posts online with similar issues, but no resolution on those forums. I experimented with them with no luck. I just emailed Neptune, but also wanted to see if anyone here experienced a similar issue. Hopefully the issue can be resolved as I do like them. I especially like no additional power bricks or controllers since they plug directly into my EB832.

I’ve been running two WAVs for over two years. Haven’t touched them. No noise, tiny bit of humming at high levels. If a snail touches the pump it vibrates loudly. Other than that no issue. I’ve seen the reviews. Picked mine up used. Hopefully you can send them back.