Should I go with Radion G5 Blue or Pro?

swizz

What's the shimmer like?  Or is it more flat like pure T5?

To my eyes it has a little bit of shimmer but more on the flat side. Definitely not as flat as T5 only fixtures. I wish I could attach a video for you on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, khalid said:

To my eyes it has a little bit of shimmer but more on the flat side. Definitely not as flat as T5 only fixtures. I wish I could attach a video for you on here.

Yeah - I have a T5/Kessil over my 40 Breeder and always liked the shimmer (that was my favorite part of MH).  I'm tempted to keep one Kessil just to get that additional motion.

Yeah - I have a T5/Kessil over my 40 Breeder and always liked the shimmer (that was my favorite part of MH).  I'm tempted to keep one Kessil just to get that additional motion.

Ya I like the shimmer as well as it’s not too much. I am really liking these units and how crisp the light is. Sorry if my description sounds weird but it’s hard to explain. These definitely are brighter and full the tank with light more than the kessils did and there is definite difference in the overall appearance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm debating about getting either two kessil a360x or two xr15 G5 pros with the aquatic life hybrid fixture. 

So you didn't like the kessils? Do you think the radions look much better? I keep going back and forth on what to get. 

I used to run halides, LEDs are new to me and it makes me nervous picking one because of the price. 

19 hours ago, MauiReefer said:

I'm debating about getting either two kessil a360x or two xr15 G5 pros with the aquatic life hybrid fixture. 

So you didn't like the kessils? Do you think the radions look much better? I keep going back and forth on what to get. 

I used to run halides, LEDs are new to me and it makes me nervous picking one because of the price. 

I have both the G5 Pro and Blue running with the T5s using the aquatic life. If you just want to see how they look, feel free to drop by if you are local. I'm in 21122 area.