Fish for 125 gallon aquarium

Blue80

I am getting back into the hobby and just posted my 125 gallon long build thread in the tank build forum. I however thought this would be a better forum to get feedback on the fish/inverts I would like to include in the aquarium. I plan to start out as a FOWLR, then maybe upgrade to some easier to care for corals. This is my wish list:

1 powder brown tang (favorite fish)

1 yellow eyed kole tang

2 ocellaris clownfish and anemone (likely bubble tip)

2-3 pearlscale butterflyfish (mini schooling effect)

1 mandarin dragonet (green or spotted)

1 blue spotted or saddle valentini puffer

1 coral beauty or flame angel

2 camel shrimp

1 sexy anemone shrimp

! chocolate chip sea star

1 red linckia sea star or 1 red sea star

Cleanup crew (looking at reef cleaners)

I welcome comments on compatibility concerns and order of introduction folks recommend.

Thank you

1 sexy shrimp in a 125?

Please give it a name, the name Waldo!

You will never see that shrimp! I sometimes had a hard time finding my 3 in my 40.

I'd suggest at the minimum a trio. They're awesome little shrimp though that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

The butterfly fish might eat your sexy shrimp. Keep in mind if you ever want to do softies in terms of coral, they aren’t reef safe either.

Apparently I'm mistaken I just read another thread elsewhere where they specifically and ironically mentioned having one sexy shrimp in a 125, so you should be good. I guess if you know where to look, it makes it easy.

On a side note, I tried to edit my where's Waldo joke, as I worded it poorly. Hopefully it came across as funny as it was intended and not insulting.

I definitely find it humorous:lol2:. You are not going to offend me. I appreciate the feedback on my choices. Given the comments about the butterfly possibly eating them, I may just get a few more of the camel shrimp instead of the sexy shrimp.

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

The butterfly fish might eat your sexy shrimp. Keep in mind if you ever want to do softies in terms of coral, they aren’t reef safe either.

Thanks, will definitely keep this in mind. I definitely want the butterflies, so will make sure to factor that into future decisions.

I definitely find it humorous2:. You are not going to offend me. I appreciate the feedback on my choices. Given the comments about the butterfly possibly eating them, I may just get a few more of the camel shrimp instead of the sexy shrimp.
Good deal! Camel shrimp are definitely a lot easier to afford!