Thoughts on my plan

Irishfist25

So I’m currently setting up a 300g tank. I have approximately 125lbs of live rock in tubs that came from an established setup. I’m also picking up more rock, I would guess another 125 lbs or so this weekend from another established tank that is being broken down. My plan is to put all the live rock in the tank along with new sand this weekend and possibly add some bacteria as well(turbo start or something similar) the problem I have is that I will also be picking up 2 eels and a puffer within a few days of setting this up, so I doesn’t give it time to cycle like normal.  My thoughts were that being the rock is still seasoned and I’m actually getting the eels and puffer from the same guy as the 2nd batch of rock, that it would limit the cycling process. I was thinking of adding bacteria, not a full dose as if starting with dry rock, but just some to boost the bacteria that should already be in the rocks.  I know I will have to beginning uglies and such, I just want to make sure the livestock isn’t in danger.  I also know that rushing is very bad in this hobby, but I don’t really have a choice.  Once I get the rock this weekend, the eels and puffer will need to go within a few days after. Do you think this will be ok, or other suggestions are welcome. 

Edited by Irishfist25

You cant overdose on bottled bac. Using existing live rock should shorten or even remove the cycling process. If you use new sand you should rinse it until it is not cloudy anymore. You should be fine with what you have mentioned.

Ok good, I’ve been racking my brain on what I may be doing wrong or forgetting. This was the best plan I could come up with given the circumstances