Hardware list

Tom C.

Does anyone have contacts to purchase sheets or have a contractor that can precut plexiglass? Home Depot does not carry anything over a half inch plexiglass that I would consider safe for building a sump or refuge. Also, what sort of equipment or blade do I need to think about getting as a tool to cut the plexiglass?

Do you have an address or city that I can look in for map quest? Thanks for the help!

Do you have an address or city that I can look in for map quest? Thanks for the help!

Acme Plastics Inc

5655a General Washington

Alexandria, VA 22312-2403

(703) 642-3030

(703) 750-2463

What can I say "Virginia is for Lovers"! :cheers:

Uh oh. The mad scientist "have saw will travel" husband now knows where to get stuff. I'm afraid that next he's going to build us an extention to the house in acrylic. Hopefully we can find a big enough rock for me to hide under.

Uh oh. The mad scientist "have saw will travel" husband now knows where to get stuff. I'm afraid that next he's going to build us an extention to the house in acrylic. Hopefully we can find a big enough rock for me to hide under.

I need to meet this husband of yours since I think we might have a lot in common. In fact, I might even be able to inspire him to greater heights! Have you you ever said, "Honey, could you make the bed today?" and seen him run to the garage? Well, I'm "making" a bed in what I call the two car woodshop and this is the second time I've done so! I have DIY'd custom stands, sumps, overflows, (etc.) and have been known to install custom runs for plumbing or electrical needs, build decks, fences, and so on.

I need to meet this husband of yours since I think we might have a lot in common. In fact, I might even be able to inspire him to greater heights! Have you you ever said, "Honey, could you make the bed today?" and seen him run to the garage? Well, I'm "making" a bed in what I call the two car woodshop and this is the second time I've done so! I have DIY'd custom stands, sumps, overflows, (etc.) and have been known to install custom runs for plumbing or electrical needs, build decks, fences, and so on.

Yep, the two of you would have a great time together. He has taken over my two car garage as well, asked for a table saw for his birthday, built a pool house, repaired just about everything in the house, remodeled two bathrooms including all plumbing and tile, and cutting the granite tops, and now has become an assistant pastor at the temple of the home despot, and at the first church of lowes.

The man is a total maniac with tools, and part of our wedding vows included his promise to keep me safe from power tools and kitchen utensils.

My wife asked me to paint our master bathroom last year. Next thing she knew the cabinets, sink and toilet were stacked in our bedroom and the floor in the bathroom was ripped up. I removed a built-in light box (ugly!), installed vanity lighting, a new medicine cabinet (larger hole required of course), upgraded all of the electrical outlets, installed ceramic tile on the floor and the cabinets were stripped and refinished Oh yeah, I did remember to paint the room too. That'll teach her to ask me to do a simple job!

Perhaps the two of you should get together today and build us all an ark. I was going to go fishie shopping today, but I suppose that if I sit here long enough at least some freshwater ones will land on my deck. Was even going to go down your way but since the hubby just walked in and says that the roads are insane with crazy people, I'll stay here and stare at the tank and ponder what else to put in there :-).

We should arrange an informal group meet up at BRK or Marine Scene over the weekend if the weather isn't too bad. I would say F&F but Sean said he was going camping. Hopefully if he does, his scuba certification is up to date and his tanks are full.

I can't build an ark until I finish building the bed for my daughter, finish wiring and install the power outlet box I'm building for my tanks and install the new 55g sump and ~20g acrylic sump extension I built over the past couple of weeks. I also need to finish the trim work on the built-in shrank that I made in the basement and install crown molding in the family room. Your husband is more than welcome to bring his tools over for a visit if he ever gets bored!

I can't build an ark until I finish building the bed for my daughter, finish wiring and install the power outlet box I'm building for my tanks and install the new 55g sump and ~20g acrylic sump extension I built over the past couple of weeks. I also need to finish the trim work on the built-in shrank that I made in the basement and install crown molding in the family room. Your husband is more than welcome to bring his tools over for a visit if he ever gets bored!

Bored? HA! I'm keeping his poor self quite busy at the moment. In a bit we are heading down to BRK so I can try to find a way to deal with my bumpy purple tang, and possibly look for stuff to build a quarantine tank so this stuff never happens again. ARGH.